“excellent an hotel for family stop-overs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rama Inn

Save Saved
You added Hotel Rama Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Rama Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.4, Arakashan Road | Near New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #131 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Kalna. Burdwan
“excellent an hotel for family stop-overs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the second time I visited Hotel Rama Inn, It is excellent in all respect and in such close proximity & 5 minutes walking distance from New Delhi Rly..Stn. except that the rooms are a bit small but manageable. Keep it up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mr Debesh

Thank you for your words of inspiration. I thank you on behalf of my entire team.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great Service and great Value for Money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends on trip to Delhi. Single room was rather small, but in a city like Delhi, where can you get room for less than Rs.1000/-?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mr Suresh Chandra

Thank you for your kind words. We do make our best effort to give good value for money and feel very motivated when our guests appreciate our hard work. We look forward to your stay with us during your next visit to Delhi.

chhitapur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

its good no problem,room service is good ,bathroom and room is clean, staff was friendly and co-operative and went out of their way to help us for our special requirements. food is decently priced.Best part is location of the hotel which is just a two minute walk from new delhi railway station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words. It is a great encouragement for us when our guests appreciate our services and rooms.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for about 10 days, and found the Hotel to be decent. It's not one of those plush hotels - basic rooms and furniture only. But, the compensatory factor was the service. Whenever we ordered from Room Service, the delivery was prompt,, even at late hours in the night. Twice, we had problems with a plug point and heater, and the service men were promptly sent to the room, and the problems were solved instantly. Even on the day of checkout, the receptionist went out of his way to make sure that we get a taxi at a very early hour in the morning. So, the bottom line is, a basic hotel with basic rooms, the stay made more enjoyable by the service and attitude of the people! Wholeheartedly recommended....

Room Tip: Don't choose the room below the Kitchen - you will lose your sleep in the morning. Specifically...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Mr Venkat

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you during your next visit to Delhi.

Warm Regards

JazzyV1822
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pics online are staged with new and fashionable accents. Actual rooms are very basic, no color, just brown sheets, blankets and not at all what the pics shows. But not bad rooms. Clean, hard bed, simple for a few nights stay. Everyone is nice and friendly, food is pretty good and rooms are basic.
Neighborhood is not so great. Slums. Barking dogs all night long (packs are everywhere around this neighborhood.
No hot water, no warm water, no flushing toilets. Must bath yourself from a bucket of cold water that you use to flush the toilet (push things down the toilet).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Madam

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and still more thank you for sparing the time to post your views about the property.

I thank you for the good things you have said about our hotel. However, please allow me to clarify a few issues you have raised.

We pride ourselves in hosting actual pictures of our rooms on our website or for that matter on any of the travel portals with whom we are associated. In fact, the picture you have posted of the room is the same which is displayed in the family room category

Ma'am, if you consider our neighbourhood as slums, then perhaps, you have not seen the real slums during your visit to India. Please do not compare the American standards to Indians.

We provide hot water round the clock. The only thing is we have a boiler system to heat water. Because of this, a few buckets of cold water has to be let off before hot water starts. All toilets are flushing toilets. If your toilet was not flushing, you should have complained at the front desk and we would have got it rectified.

I hope you will give us an oppurtunity to serve you again before your return to your home country.

Rama inn
Brasilia, DF
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The rooms are not clean, with a lot of humidity and dust. The wifi didnt worked for most of the time that i stayed there. For the same kind of room you can get for more than a half of the price and you can get nice and clean rooms for the half of their prices in Delhi. The staff also was not friendly and didn't show to be trustfull. The door guy was a really nice.
The photos from the trip advisor must be old because is really different when you get there.
I would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked online for one night stay during the promotion period, but I didn't get my room upgraded. Remember, you can't bargain with Indians too much coz you never gonna win (maybe bc of the way of thinking or the language).

Anyway, I had an unhappy experience at the very beginning, as I arrived at New Delhi at 4 o'clock in the morning, it happened to be India's big holiday in the middle of November. So I was told by the hotel that their road was blocked, and I couldn't go inside. When I asked how about my refund, the receptionist asked me to DTTDC office (their government tourist info. center). Therefore, on that terrible night, I was rejected by the hotel by a sounded fair reason and I had to find another one by myself. Moreover, that DTTDC office was disgusting, the govern. man told me the 3-star hotel costed US$200 during the holiday...My goodness. Was he crazy about the money?!~~~ but i finally found Indians are all crazy about money and not friendly to foreigners.

Later, I wrote an email to RAMA INN, the good news was the owner agreed to let me stay another night. So before I left New Delhi, I stayed in this hotel and when I complained to them the 1st night 'rejection thing', they said they never received any calls from me. My God!!!

The hotel is nice, clean and neat at this price. But to be honest, you can find lots of lots of hotels near railway station, so there is no need to book in advance. Regarding the price, the walk-in price is very good, and you can bargain.

I was stayed on the 2nd floor, the in-room wifi was not ok, you had to walk outside. The food was good with reasonable price. The location is close to the railway station, comparing with those in Main Bazar Market, it is quiet and less people. About 5 mins walk to the Railway Station, 10 mins walk to the Metro (bc it is on the end side of the station).

Anyway, Incredible India!!!!!! That's it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for contacting us after your first taste of touts soon after lending in India. At least It gives us an opportunity to explain to our guests not to think wrong about us. We honour all our commitments without fail and strive to provide best services to all our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about our property.

Rama Inn

Been to Hotel Rama Inn? Share your experiences!