“Nice Room, Fairly quiet location near railway station” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rama Inn

Save Saved
You added Hotel Rama Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Rama Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.4, Arakashan Road | Near New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #175 of 601 Hotels in New Delhi
Shanghai, China
“Nice Room, Fairly quiet location near railway station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked online for one night stay during the promotion period, but I didn't get my room upgraded. Remember, you can't bargain with Indians too much coz you never gonna win (maybe bc of the way of thinking or the language).

Anyway, I had an unhappy experience at the very beginning, as I arrived at New Delhi at 4 o'clock in the morning, it happened to be India's big holiday in the middle of November. So I was told by the hotel that their road was blocked, and I couldn't go inside. When I asked how about my refund, the receptionist asked me to DTTDC office (their government tourist info. center). Therefore, on that terrible night, I was rejected by the hotel by a sounded fair reason and I had to find another one by myself. Moreover, that DTTDC office was disgusting, the govern. man told me the 3-star hotel costed US$200 during the holiday...My goodness. Was he crazy about the money?!~~~ but i finally found Indians are all crazy about money and not friendly to foreigners.

Later, I wrote an email to RAMA INN, the good news was the owner agreed to let me stay another night. So before I left New Delhi, I stayed in this hotel and when I complained to them the 1st night 'rejection thing', they said they never received any calls from me. My God!!!

The hotel is nice, clean and neat at this price. But to be honest, you can find lots of lots of hotels near railway station, so there is no need to book in advance. Regarding the price, the walk-in price is very good, and you can bargain.

I was stayed on the 2nd floor, the in-room wifi was not ok, you had to walk outside. The food was good with reasonable price. The location is close to the railway station, comparing with those in Main Bazar Market, it is quiet and less people. About 5 mins walk to the Railway Station, 10 mins walk to the Metro (bc it is on the end side of the station).

Anyway, Incredible India!!!!!! That's it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for contacting us after your first taste of touts soon after lending in India. At least It gives us an opportunity to explain to our guests not to think wrong about us. We honour all our commitments without fail and strive to provide best services to all our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about our property.

Rama Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lucerne, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Rooms are standard, not deluxe and way too expensive for what they are. The prices on the homepage and tripadvisor are not adequate! Pictures are out of date and now everything is much older. No windows, quite loud all the time and a lot of moisture in the room even if you switch on the AC and freeze. Free Wifi did not work in all rooms when we were there. According to them our booking and prepayment over Agoda.com did not come to the hotel?!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there 2 nights, after booking via makemytrip. We booked the deluxe room, but nothing really was deluxe. No windows, lots of moisture in the room, strange cleaning guy, who didnt like beinging toilet paper for us, because he disnt get any tip from
Us. After i told the reception that i booked a trip wirh a private car to rishikesh they were disappointed and cared even less about the service. Only positive issue is the good location close to the railway station. I dont see how that hotel geta good reputation on tripadvisor. Maybe fake?! And we are not very demanding guests i must confess...
Tjark liedtke from
Germany

• Stayed November 2012
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Sir,

I am sorry you should feel not so good about our hotel. However, I may inform you that all reviews are genuine reviews. You could contact each of the guests who have stayed with us and found our services to be of excellent quality.

Roby Mill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Dont believe the pictures on the net!!!! We were fed up with cheap backpacking accommodation with cold water so when we got to Delhi we booked this hotel. It was a decent sized room with a comfortable bed and it was clean by Indian standards. The bathroom had lovely hot water which was very welcome and the beds were really comfortable so we managed to recharge our batteries here before taking on more of India if you know what I mean. I think we just needed a break from India when we got to Delhi and this hotel provided that. The location is great - walking distance from train station and the staff were helpful and friendly. It cost more than a back packers hotel but it was worth it...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Mr Phil

Thank you for sparing the time to review our property. We really appreciate it. We hope you will come back once again to recharge your battery before leaving India.

Gothenburg, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotell was very respondent on email. But the fare for airport pick up was at least double than taxi.

The room was not very clean, nor the bed. But not disgusting either. Our main problem was the sound from the stairways, not caused by other guest but the hotel staff which we find unaccepteble.

The location was good for us since it was walking distance to the train station. If you like us only travel through Delhi on low budget this hotel might be okey (but we would choose another one if we ever go back to Delhi).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We always inform all our guests that if we arrange airport pick up, the charges are more, as the taxi company charges us both to and fro fare from the airport as well as the large parking fee at the airport. We also inform that if the guests take a pre-paid taxi from the airport, it will be cheaper.

We maintain high level of cleanliness and hygiene for a economy / budget hotel. We request you to give us an opportunity to serve you again and are sure that you will not be disappointed.

Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Location is very good. near to new delhi station. For bachelors, its an ideal spot. But not for families. Hot water was available. Rooms are small. A/c was very noisy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Rama_Inn, Owner at Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Mr Deepak

Thank you for sparing the time to review our hotel. We are basically a family hotel and have a lot of tourists with their families staying with us at any given point of time. Room size is standard in the budget hotel category in Delhi. We work hard to provide the best of services to our guests. We only ask that if there is any problem, you inform us, and we will make our best effort to rectify the same.

Guwahati, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at Rama Inn for four nights during March 2012. Our stay started with a smiling receptionist and ended the same. Stay was very comfortable and was nicely looked after by the house keeping staff. Everywhere everything comes for a price. At Rama Inn I got much more than what I paid for. Can be safely recommended for budget tourists and visitors.

Room Tip: Do not expect the sky at the price you are paying. Safely expect a very very decent stay