“Oh my god bloody awful... loudest hotel ever!”
I have no idea where the positive reviews for this place came from but I assure you this is a god awful place. I stayed here based on the good reviews so let's just put the record straight.
List of issues:
1. Airport pickup requested in original Booking.com booking. Second email request sent the night before flight. Arrived at airport and there was no one. Made a call and over an hour later someone arrived but he couldn't find us despite me saying numerous times we are waiting in Costa Coffee.
2. Free airport pickup. Does it count when you have to pay the 140R parking?
3. Room was a dump. Bed sheets questionable, bathroom grotty and stinking. Fridge didn't work. Air condition didn't work. No toilet paper (requested new roll and a half used re-wrapped roll was given), only one towel for 2 people.
4. The room was freezing! Aircon didn't work so upon request they provided us with a heater which stopped working halfway through our stay.
5. In order to turn the lights off you have to remove they key from the electric device at the door. In other words no electricity in the room through the night so no phone charging, camera charging, no light switch, no HEATER!!
6. The window overlooked a quite beautiful grey wall with a pigeon sat on it. This provided us with sweet birdsong throughout the night.
7. The noise during the night was unbelievable. There was shouting, running up and down the stairs, talking, furniture scraping along the floor. I don't know what the hell was going on out there but it was constant and I don't even remember what time it stopped. This happened BOTH nights we stayed. No one cared at all about the noise.
8. Hot water; well they have it... just you need to tell them 10mins earlier so the water can be heated.
9.. No safe. Small issue but if you have valuables then take them with you. The description says the room comes with one. It didn't.
If you really are thinking of staying here then good luck. Just don't say you weren't warned.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
January 5, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hotel Grand Peepal. I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for an hour delay to your pick up & driver/front office coordination issue and has not been offered room with working A/c,Fridge,heater,Clean pillow and proper service & support on other highlighted issues.Since you are our valued guest we would not like to comment against your words but update you with certain things as ;Parking charge of Rs 140 is applicable on guests, if there is delay cause any reason.but well we thank you once again to share your feedback and we acknowledge with full attention that, All highlighted issues have been well noted. A note of investigation/inspection is sent to Hotel Management team and Please rest assured that our Assistant Housekeeper & Front office Manager have been noted and they will take immediately action to rectify the problem. An appropriate training will surely be conducted to all Housekeepers in order to improve the level of cleanliness standard accordingly.We have already instructed our Service Supervisor team to look at highlighted Issue seriously.
At Grand Peepal , we are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to be your host and better serve you in the near future.
Do write me your query or concern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Team Manager -Sarvottam
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.