“OK OK Business Trip” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Sarovar Portico

You added The Muse Sarovar Portico to your Saves list
The Muse Sarovar Portico
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   A-1, Chirag Enclave,Nehru Place | Near Nehru place Metro Station, New Delhi 110048, India   |
Ranked #122 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
“OK OK Business Trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I visited this place for a night on 01 April 2012 and found it pretty OK types. Not the ones you generally experience on a business trip. The room was pretty much ok for a single visitor. Other attachments theretoo were also more or less ok with not much complaints. The only problem was the room service, all items you order were not available and finally you settle with a simple stuff which too was not good in quality. The break-fast place is very small and congested, i am sure with full occupancy the place would be insufficient. Staff was courteous and the business center also good.

Room Tip: On the higher floors
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed with our infant daughter for 6 nights. This is a good hotel for the price. We had a good experience. The reviews are generally accurate. It is primarily for business, the rooms are nicely appointed, clean, the food was decent (a bit pricey for the quality), the breakfast buffet was good (eggs to order and both western and Indian options)--we (Caucasian Americans) never had any stomach problems from any of their food including dairy, fresh fruit and juice. The staff was VERY helpful, friendly and accommodating. When we made the reservation, I had read on tripadvisor that this was a business hotel, so I made sure that I made a note that we needed a crib for our daughter. I received no notification that this was a problem until I emailed them about 3 days before our arrival to confirm our airport pickup and that they had a crib. They said they did not have a crib. Of course I was upset, and after a few email exchanges they said they would go out and buy one. A brand new crib was in the room when we arrived!! I give them credit for that, as we could tell by the other guests at the breakfast buffet, that it really is a hotel frequented primarily by businessmen. There is still renovation going on, but we requested (and stayed in) a room away from the construction, and while there was noise during the day, it was only very noticeable a few times over the course of 6 days (we were in the room a great deal as our daughter still takes two naps a day). The rooms themselves are quiet, although because there are marble floors throughout the entire hotel, any noise right outside the room is quite noticeable. There were a few odd issues with service, but nothing that was not dealt with or rectified upon request. I would recommend this hotel for the price/quality. Internet is not free and there is no bar in the hotel. Not a big issue for our family.

Room Tip: Away from construction, while construction is still going on.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chennai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Great location - busy neighborhood yet quiet (except for the construction noise due to extensive renovation). Staff were fairly helpful - they did mess up a couple requests but it got sorted out in the end. A little short on restaurant options and no bar. Decent breakfast (buffet) and great service at the coffee-shop.

Room Tip: Until the renovation is complete, do request for a room that's further away from the renovation...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Muse is a smaller hotel with about 48 rooms located near Nehru Place. The room was very nice with all ameneties. A small daily tip (50 rupees/$1)to the room cleaner resulted in turned down bed with chocolate and a small tray of cookies every day---an a very clean room. The hotel was undergoing extensive exterior renovation, so the "garden" was filled with construction supplies and equipment. The garden might be nice otherwise, but it's right next to a very busy highway, so I don't know that sitting there would have been all that nice in any case. Muse is located in Chirag Enclave, quite an upscale small neighborhood (very nice houses, but still dusty, modestly maintained streets.) There is a metro stop at Nehru Place, about a 10 minute walk away, but you need to cross a very busy street/highway to get there and I felt I took my life in my hands every time I crossed. But walking through the neighborhood seemed very safe, except that people walk in the streets and traffic is fast and heavy (when people honk at you it's considered a courtesy notification that they're coming, not a rudeness or threat.) The metro system is VERY good---new, clean, inexpensive and goes all over Dehli. Twice, young men stood to offer their seats to this older guy--an example of how nice most Indian are. Breakfast was included at the hotel, but wasn't really great. Cold cereal, bread-like pastries, buffet scrambled eggs, thin porrage, and some quite good spicy soup/stew that was very tasty but not really to my liking in the morning. They also have fresh fruit and fresh juice that I stayed away from not wanting stomach issues (they also have canned juice--safer.) But I did have some of the fresh yogurt, and I think that is what did it. I was very ill for the next two days and not really well for all of my week in Delhi. Such a shame as I didn't get to do much of what I had hoped and struggled to get through the conference I attended. Staff at the hotel were all friendly and pretty helpful. Everyone appreciated tips but were not pushy about it. In addition to the metro, I used taxis---the front desk had to call for me since I didn't have an Indian mobile phone number which is needed to call a taxi (they need to call you back to confirm). A taxi to my conference about 4 miles away was 300 rupee/$6. The hotel car would have been 1000 rupee/$20. To other locations in Delhi I used the metro. Costs depend on how far you're going, but were in the 20 to 50 cent (US) range per trip. I enjoyed the market at Lajpat Nagar, near the metro line (another 40 cents and a bike riksha takes you right to the market). Very crowded, really no tourists, a very Indian experience. I thought the "exclusive" Khan market area was nothing special. The Dilli Haat souvenir market is also near a metro stop and has lots of nice things to bring home---don't pay more than half the initial asking price. Took the metro to Connaught Place in the heart of New Delhi but was immediately set upon by guys wanting to "help and protect" me, directing me to the right places to shop, etc. They were very pushy and I left the area pretty quickly. The Lotus Temple is walkable from the hotel--15-20 minutes. I walked to, and took an auto riksha back. Delhi has air polution, constantly honking heavy traffic and is genreally dusty and dirty, and I was sick most of the time I was there. But I found when I left that I kind of missed it. I think it must have been the very nice people.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

comfortable .The location is fantastic, the rooms nicely appointed and maintained, but the most praise has to go to the staff. The front office associates were friendly and willing to help in any way. I will absolutely return.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Though the city is very bussy , the hotel atomosphere is calm and nice, the fragrence out side in the evening, the small garden is cented beautifully with the flowers. the rooms are very warm and nice , only issue I had was in the bathroom , where in the water was flowing on the dry area. The menu in the morning breakfast need to slight improve on the variety and taste. The Service is good and fast.
the external walls need to be re-worked, looks very old.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the main road , one can hear the noice of taffic during the night also .
basking ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have been staying at this property for over 3 years at a minimum of two weeks at a time. This has sort of become my second home away from home in New JerseY USA. The management and staff at this hotel go out of their way to make their guests feel at home and are very responsive to any request. I like the location as it is not noisy and quite secluded even though it is close to the main road.
Great value for money. I also think it is time they refurbish the rooms and the bathrooms and try to install a gym even if it is on the roof

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Muse Sarovar Portico? Share your experiences!