“A secure and homely place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Incredible Home Stay

and 1 more site!
You added Incredible Home Stay to your Saves list
Incredible Home Stay
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   8A/98, W.E.A, Channa Market, Karol Bagh | Near Karol Bagh Metro Station - Pillar number-123, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #153 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A secure and homely place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had taken 16 pupils (between 13-15 years ) on a India Tour. After a memoriable trip to calcutta (though we were cheated by the greedy manager of hotel HEERA Internationa) Darjeeling and Kalimpong ( a honestly lovely experience at Snow Lion Home stay \Sood gardens retreat) we headed for the last part of our trip to Delhi..Because of the unfortunate experience at Hotel Heera in Kolkata I was very scared of Delhi.By to my surprise we were greeted by a bunch of willing, smilling helpful drivers (esp the sardar and the other guy from Rajasthan ) .They escorted us to the homestay and again all my fears were put to rest by the smilling owner Mr.prasant and his business partner.They were welcoming and extremly helpful .they had planned a perfect itinary for us at Delhi and Agra(they even had breakfast prepared at 5 am for our Agra trip).The rooms were pleasant and had brand new bedlinen and towels.Cleaniness must be appreaciated and the room boys were co operative,honest and hardworking..Mr. Prasant Araya even went beyond his profolio and arranged for my 2 year old girl babies birthday bash at a very reasonable cost.
The place may be in a crowded locality but thats the charm....serine n tranquail inside ...good sleep,cool air conditioners,clean toilets , 24hours internet...and healty breakfast. The price of the rooms were very reasonable and so was the water bottle provide(no extra charges like the other hotels). It was very secure for our girls and the security at the gate meant no body could go outside too with permission.
Would love to stay there and would never hesitate to recommend the place even to a blind man.

Godbless all at the Incredible HomeStay

Sankhasubha Roy
Cambridge High School
Abu Dhabi,UAE -[--]

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed here for a month and I really enjoyed it here. The staff were very helpful in every way and made their very best to make me feel at home, whether it was early in the morning or in the daytime or in the night when I arrived here at 2am. I had a big room with a balcony and it was very nice, neat and clean. The food here is excellent so you don't need to go out to a restaurant in the evening unless you want to. And since I travel as a singel woman that was very good for me.
It is located on a small street with almost no traffic and it is only 5-8 minutes walk to the market and to the subway.
It is not a five-star hotel but for me it was the nicest and best budget hotel I have stayed in. And it provided me with everything I needed and wanted.
I also did some trips and got wonderful help from a man from India Travel Organizers that came to the hotel and they had their office quite close to the hotel, I do recommend them as well.
A big Thank You to Prashant and his staff. I will come back here for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We are a family with 4 children that recently visited India for the first time. We stayed at Incredible Home Stay for 4 nights. We had 2 rooms one was small and basic and the other was bigger with a balcony- this one was great for watching life go on around us on the street below. Both rooms were clean with hot water, clean towels and toilet paper. The hotel staff were very accommodating, picking us up at the airport at 5am, giving us a room at 6am, carrying breakfast and snacks for 6 up and down the stairs and fulfilling all our requests. We had originally planned to do all our travel by train but we we decided to hire a car and a driver for the 12 days we were in India- this was a good decision as we may have encountered so difficulty travelling with 4 children and 4 suitcases. Prashant arranged the car and driver and we were well looked after. The drivers were reliable and punctual, our luggage arrived safely after being driven back from Udaipur and our driver was waiting for us on the platform at 5am as we got off the overnight train from Udaipur and once again Incredible Home Stay gave us a room at 6 am and the driver was back again at 3.30 the next morning to take us to the airport. Yes some of the driving was hair raising but we all survived and we had a fantastic trip! And I would recommend this hotel and Prashants travel service.

Room Tip: The room on the 2nd floor with the balcony is one of the best- sometimes a little noisy but the best...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days in Feb 2012. Except for a minor hitch on the day of arrival when the cab was at the wrong terminal (something which Prashant sorted in 10mins) , I didnot face a single issue. Prashat was awake till I reached the place at 11:30pm, got to the room straightaway which was warm , cosy and very well cleaned. Staff was always helpful specially Birender , always getting everything that I asked for. Breakfast was good and on time everyday as I requested. In a city like Delhi , this is one place more than worth the money. It doesnt promise 5-star luxury but it does provide top class hospitality. Prashant has eye for detail and personally checks out with each guest during the stay. Every time I visit Delhi, I will turn up at this place only.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Wight
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Ok, cheap Delhi hotels are never going to be luxurious , in fact not even near to it .I have only stayed in 2 of these budget hotels and was both times dissapointed .
This one was bearable but only just , the accommodation was very basic , if the hotel advertised the location and area it would probably not get many guests ..ask a taxi driver where it is and they will just shrugg their shoulders as it is in the middle of a building site ,in some backroad alley that looks dodgy and unsafe but the neighbours seemed friendly enough , well they smiled anyway !
Ok forget the location and the standard of accommodation , what really got me was the rip off factor ! On my arrival I asked where the Vietnam embassy was and got taken to the owners mates office to " get a town map " I was tired , jetlagged and got suckered into paying 10 thousand rupees ( about 150 € ) to go on 2 tours 1 to Taj Mahal and one day tour of the town plus lift to airport . Later found out that the town tour could be got for 1 thousand and the Taj tour for 3 thousand , the airport taxi you can get for 250 rupees from a taxi with meter .
Even the arranged airport transfer taxi driver form the hotel asked for driver tip after drop off ( cost me 500 rupees , double the normal cost anyway ) and signaled to my wallet that I should give him 300 rupees , which I never ! So that was my first few hours in this hotel !
The staff hung around untill they got a tip when they bought breakfast to the room ( there is no restaurant so you got to have it brought to the room ) and looked snidely at you all the time, made me feel very uncomfortable.
Sleeping was very difficult as outside was dog fight all night every night and you need to pre heat the hot water 20 mins before you need it .
Would I stay here again? not in a thousand years ! alone because I got ripped off for so much money on my first night , they must have thought Christmas had come early when I arrived ,not what you expect from a hotel in any class range.

Room Tip: Facing away from the building site and dont take his offer off tours, taxis or anything
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
AyushNewDelhi, Owner at Incredible Home Stay, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Clearly not a good fit! Sir, we are not trying to be a luxury hotel, but simply a clean, safe and friendly guest house, what you call ‘basic’. While there is a building being constructed on our lane, and I understand that this could be unsightly to someone such as you, to say we are located ‘in the middle of a building site’ creates a misleading caricature of our friendly, typical middle class residential environment. Many people choose to stay here precisely because of our location, just 5 minutes away from the metro and the main market. Street dogs are a part of neighborhood life on every street in Delhi and in India in general, and while we understand that this can be unsettling for some visitors, the dogs usually just lie around, and certainly don’t ‘fight all night every night’. India is a tipping culture, but because we understand that there are guests who do not wish to offer tips for their complimentary breakfast, we have instructed our staff to be sensitive to this. The problem for the staff is that the great majority of guests do tip, whether out of respect for our culture, gratitude for the service or because it is also customary in their home countries, and they usually ask the staff to wait while they are getting the tip ready. So there may sometimes be some confusion or misunderstanding of intention, but I certainly understand the discomfort of those who do not wish to tip and I will take this opportunity to remind our staff to be extra aware of guests such as yourself. We, like most of our guests from many different countries, appreciate the unending hard work of our staff, and we are sorry that unfamiliar facial expressions or manners made you uncomfortable. Again, I would say that Incredible Homestay was simply not the right place for you, and you may have been more comfortable in a more Western-style environment, rather than the very Indian environment that we take pride in providing here.

Taxi drivers in Delhi, which anyone who has spent a bit of time here will catch on to, are notorious for saying they ‘can’t find’ a given place, and if they drive around long enough and exhaust or scare a passenger enough, the passenger will usually end up being taken to a place of the taxi driver’s ‘kind recommendation’, where he will pocket the commission he has been orchestrating from the beginning; it is not because they ‘don’t know’--if they didn’t know, a quick question on the street or a phone call would solve the problem. This is precisely why we send private cars to the airport for INR 550, unless pick-up is included in the guest’s package. Pre-paid government taxis from the airport cost INR 350, but there is no guarantee that you will arrive at your destination. The INR 200 difference is worth it, according to us, and the majority of guests who arrive here safely.

The final caricature you paint is that of being ‘ripped off’. First of all, you had a conversation with a friend who is a travel agent about what you wanted to do in India—the question about the location of the Vietnam Embassy came up later, after he offered to give you travel information that you expressed you wanted. If you did not want to go to his office to get the information, you could have and should have said something at the time. According to the copy of his contract with you, you did not pay the amount you mention in your review. But it is true that there are tours both much cheaper and much more expensive than the ones you took. Paying more than the very lowest possible cost for a tour--or anything at all in India--does not necessarily mean that you are being cheated but it will always mean that quality and/or safety will be compromised. It is up to each traveler to check the tour options and inclusions, bargain if they feel the price is too high (which is what all Indians do), and ultimately decide him or herself whether what they are asking for is worth the money or not.

Above all, I am sorry that you did not indicate to me during the many times I crossed paths with you that you were so miserable and uncomfortable here. We unfortunately can not be all things to all guests, and we always feel sorry when the ‘fit’ is not right.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed three different times. The last was the best because the owner was around. They had no record or our reservation but reimbursed for the taxi after we called them (one way from airport only). Breakfast was included. Staff helped with finding metro, arranging taxi, storing gear, and was very nice to my toddler. Free internet was available in lobby, their computer. When owner was not around, we were hassled about paying for the taxi (not available from train or to train or airport). Bed was comfortable. Pretty good location near a few good restaurants and Karol Bagh market and Metro. Suruchi restaurant is especially good. Metro is a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Quietest is 2nd floor or above away from alley/street
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Rishikesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I selected this Hotel based on its reviews and found exactly same. The Hotel has got nice spacious rooms with all basic amenities.The Hotel has got house look but excellent. Mr Prashant along with his team took very good care of me during my stay. I was on my official trip and reached at night and he arranged a safe pickup for me. I certainly recommend this Hotel to other tourists.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Incredible Home Stay? Share your experiences!