“Good location for price but dont expect too much ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rak International

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel Rak International
820, Main Bazar, Chowk Bowli | Paharganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #434 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Good location for price but dont expect too much ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed here for our last night in Delhi it was a great location shame about the 3 flights of stairs :-)
We did have a round bed though that was fun :-)
Good street food outside.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thanks u so much for ur precious review trust me it really motivates us for improvement and in concern of shame for stairs to 3rd floor sir u'v visited in one of the most narrow and c rowdy place of Delhi and there having a spacious hotel with full of facilities is really commendable so pls this is not a matter of shame as we really proud to be Indian and really happy to serve our self in true Indian colors. Anyways once again thank u so much for the review.

Hotel RAK International

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jaipur, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We called and arranged a triple room which was overly expensive but we required at the last minute. No free wifi so we paid and the connection was average at best.
The shower was pathetic you had to run around the bathroom to get the random sprays of water. The pillows were the worst I have every had, sleeping with a bag of cement would have been more comfortable.
Room was cold and dingy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks u so much for enclosing this point on blog but sire here I'd like to defend my team and the answer of ur first complaint is sir/mam we only want to help u as we also understand how much confusing and tiry to manage transport and all this for first time visitor(in any country) as I also experience all these troubles many times only that's why we send the driver again to receive u from airport as we already send the driver to pickup u but he went back as u'v not met him at airport and trust me it is really very difficult for us to locate u at airport as the location was not same and we don't know ur by face but still we did this only for ur convenience anyways as u don't like this so I really apologies for this and the answer for ur send complaint is the person who arranged ur train tickets is not from our hotel as we don't deal in travel and tourism and may be the person who had booked ur tickets to Jaislemer was new or had not read the tickets properly that's why the mistake has held.

Andy ways I am so sorry about all this and assure u that ur next experience(in future if u'll visit us) will be very good.

Hotel RAK International
Genoa, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel is very well located. walking distance from New Delhi station and Rama Krishna Ashram Marg Metro Station(blue line).
The hotel is in main bazar area but our room was quite, no noise at all.
We were two persons and paid 650 INR per night.
the hotel staff was fair, we lost our plane connection and arrived 1 day later, and they don't ask us to pay one day more according to our reservation.
the room and the bathroom were quite clean, they could do better, but nothing to coplain.
If you want a double bed ask for it, otherwise you'll have two single beds.
they arrange to pick us up from the airport for 600 INR and the service was fine, I'll recommend if you arrive during the night as we did.
During the day you also can use the metro orange line leaving from international arrives to new delhi station and then walk, or take a rickshow,or change to Ashram Marg Metro station taht is more nearby to the hotel than new delhi station. it's fast and cheap.
we had breakfast in the hotel, and it was fine. they also have a restaurant, we didn't eat, but it seemed good.
it's a good choice if you need a cheap, quiet and good place in Paharganj mess!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We just left RAK and we had mixed feelings about this place. We knew it was going to be basic but what left us sour was the 3 hour wait at the airport waiting for a pick i was promised via email. I even confirmed just days earlier just in-case they have forgotten. So when we rang them to see where our pickup was the fellow at the end of the line said stay at the airport. We kept saying we were happy to arrange our own transport. (he said it would take an hour in the traffic) We repeatedly said we would find our own way but he wouldn't have a bar of it. Anyway 3 hours later and 3 phone calls we did get picked up. We put all this behind us then upon leaving we showed our train ticket to the front desk men hoping they could give us information about catching the train.(this was our first time and was all abit confusing) They told us 'No worries! the train was leaving from New Delhi station' which was just a few minutes walk down the road. It wasn't. It was leaving from Old delhi station. We were VERY close to missing our train to Jaisalmer and only found this out when we showed our ticket to another hotel because we couldn't find New delhi station. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for first timers in India the service was not helpful what so ever.

Room Tip: Only the first two floors have wifi, which you have to pay 100 rupees for 24 hours.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed in two different rooms in this hostel. The first one was horrible, the mold was falling down from the ceiling onto the toilet seat, it was gross. We asked and were promised a different room for the next day but had to go down to the reception ourselves when we saw that another room had become free, they did not offer it to us by themselves, so if we had not seen it they would have just given it to someone else.

Anyway, that second room was decent, it had a big window towards the quiet street so mold was not an issue in this room. The beds were ok, pretty comfortable and no bugs.

The reception staff organized a private driver to Taj Mahal for 3,500 Rupies for the whole day, which we thought was a fair price for a car that actually had seatbelts in the back and a driver that did a good job. (However: if you plan to go there, rather take the train, we got stuck in traffic and it took us about 2-3 times as long as by train).

So all in all, definitely not the best hostel I ever stayed at, but these are hard to come by in Delhi… it’s ok for 1-2 nights if you just need a place to sleep and check the room for mold before you move in.

Room Tip: look at the room before moving in and check for mold. The bigger the window and air circulation the...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Hello

Thanks u so much for ur precious review trust me it really motivates us for improvement and I am so sorry about the first room(As I seriously aware of this situation ) that was given to u mam actually the thing is us u'v arrived during peak season and just because of that the hotel is full for all days and just because of that may be that fault was neglected anyways we worked on that fault immediately after leaving the room by u and it is fine now and in concern of another room it was very good and we already feel regret about it. And pls one ore thing any of our guest never complain about the insects as the hotel is very clean and we pay special attention about cockroaches, bed bugs, ants etc.

Best regards
Baljeet Chawla
Wroclaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We came to Delhi in the evening so we decided to choose one of the hotel recommended by LP guide and this was not very good idea. Room which we got was cheesy with small window but we were exhausted and we decided to stay. The real problem came later – noise. We had the room at ground floor near the reception and we hear all the voices. About 10pm service had always some kind of meeting I think and they didn’t talk normally but they always shouted.
Another thing that is annoying there is hot water. If you want to have hot water you have to ask each time to turn it on. Additionally staff sometimes forgets about it and you have to ask once again.
I think that you can find there better place for the same price. I don’t recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks u so much for ur precious review sir here I'd like to defend our team as u choose the room behind the reception it was completely ur wish as we gave the option to u and u choose the room with less price and in concern of noise after 10:00 p.m sir we provide 24 hrs check in so little bit noise is obvious and I hope u also believe that conversation is very important part of life specially when u r here to provide ur services any ways I am really sorry about this from my heart on behave of my team and myself.

And in concern of hot water sir again I'd like to put my point here and that is we gave u an individual geyser and it is I think happened in each and every budgeted hotel of world to hold the main power supply in hands of hotel staff for the sake of conservation of electricity otherwise the guests sometimes actually most of the time forget to close/ off the electricity appliance and resultant wastage of electricity or loss of the appliance but I think u must have noticed that we never refused to switch on the geyser.

So pls forgive us if u really find all this unsuitable for ur standard but we tried to gave all those infact more than that which we charged from u.

Best Regards
Baljeet
Mussoorie, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

You won't wallow in luxury: but clean sheets, working fans, clean bathrooms, and a good kitchen make this a welcome stop. If you're looking to spend your time out in the city seeing sights and have a welcome place to return to once you're done - this is a perfect stop. I've stayed here twice (one with an air conditioned room, the other just with a fan) and the only wildlife that's come to visit has been a lizard--and that gecko was very happy to leave once he realised that there were neither roaches, ants, gnats, flies, spiders, or other such critters inside (which is a difference from a number of other stops!). The front desk staff is helpful, and the owner even helped get me something to darken my mehndi after it came out too pale - that's going above and beyond.

Room Tip: "AC" means Air Cooled - a fan. Ask for a room with air conditioner if you want one. Also...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello

Thank u for the review and I am sorry about the lizard I still personally remember that incident and I am sorry about that actually that was the coincidence I don't know from where that lizard came into the room even after we really pay special attention that no insect can be there in the room but anyways we r really sorry about it it and from than we put peacock feather in each and every room they help in keeping the lizards out from the room.

Baljeet
(Owner)

Been to Hotel Rak International? Share your experiences!