Our stay at the Amber hotel was for only 1 night and it was perfectly adequate. We got a good rate because the hotel had very low occupancy so we decided to stay there. In all, we were only at the property for about 9 hours - we would have moved if we needed the stay to be any longer.
Overall, this a 3 star hotel - most definitely NOT 4 or 5. It is located on a weird little side street really not near anything so you really can't walk to anything. The tiles, wall paint, fixtures, etc are all worn. It's obvious that they work to keep the place neat, but it could have been cleaner - sort of a dusty feel to the place.
Our room was small and felt sort of like a box because we couldn't see out of the window. There was nothing memorable at all about the bathroom except that it took forever for us to figure out how to use the shower.
I got up in the morning to work out - the work out room didn't look to have been used in a while. None of the machines were plugged in and it was about 90 degrees in the room. I had to plug in the machines and turn on the AC myself. There was a big empty space on the wall with wires hanging out from where the TV used to be (don't know if it was stolen or broken). I've included a photo of this.
Hotel staff tried to be helpful, but honestly since the hotel was so empty, there were a lot of men just standing around staring at us. I found it creepy.
We left too early for breakfast, but they did get coffee ready for us in the morning. Pretty good coffee and some nice toast.
I would not return and regret that we didn't go to Bloomrooms instead.
- Also Known As:
- The Amber - New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- The Amber - New Delhi Hotel
- Amber Hotels
- The Amber
- Amber Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amber is a new boutique hotel with the aim of providing luxurious rooms at affordable prices. It is located in the posh South Delhi area and is in close proximity to major commercial centers and tourist attractions of Delhi. The rooms and bathrooms are fitted with all the amenities that you will find in a 5 star deluxe hotel. Central air-conditioning / heating, 24 hours coffee shop / room service, wi-fi /in-house GYM/ broadband Internet connectivity free of cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Amber - New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.