I stayed here during my trip to India in December 2012. I arranged for a taxi transfer from the airport and they showed up promptly. I only stayed two nights, but they were very welcoming,and everything was CLEAN! It definitely meets Western standards. I also ordered room service (due to my late arrival) and it was very good.
There are a few drawbacks. It isn't really in a touristy area- I don't know how you could find it without a cab. Also, I booked a car to drive to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. . .and the driver didn't speak English, so there was an issue with that. It was also a little pricey- don't hire the driver, just take the train. Also, I had them do the transfer to the airport and the driver again didn't speak English, and was furious with me over payment- I had to call the hotel back and they spoke to him and calmed him down. . . It was a little intimidating as a solo female traveller.
So, great hotel, but arrange your own transfers!
- Also Known As:
- The Amber - New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- The Amber - New Delhi Hotel
- Amber Hotel
- Amber Hotels
- The Amber
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amber is a new boutique hotel with the aim of providing luxurious rooms at affordable prices. It is located in the posh South Delhi area and is in close proximity to major commercial centers and tourist attractions of Delhi. The rooms and bathrooms are fitted with all the amenities that you will find in a 5 star deluxe hotel. Central air-conditioning / heating, 24 hours coffee shop / room service, wi-fi /in-house GYM/ broadband Internet connectivity free of cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Amber - New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.