I stayed here with my husband and sister at the end of December 2012, at the start of our 2 week trip around north India. This was such a great place to start our trip! It's close to south Delhi attractions such as the Qutub Minar and the Lotus Temple and is in a quiet area so you don't have traffic noise blasting into your room. The rooms are fantastic - an amazingly huge marble bathroom, super comfortable bed, heaps and heaps of room for luggage, huge wardrobe, desk, tv, you name it. It was spotlessly clean as well. They had excellent internet access also which didn't have any problems when we were there.
The location means that you have to drive for a while (about 1 hour) to get to the centre of Old Delhi for the Red Fort, Jama Masjid etc but seriously, this hotel is well worth it. And driving in India is fun in itself!
The staff were also so friendly and helpful, very cheery in the mornings when we left and in the evenings when we returned, as well as at breakfast every day. They were wonderful.
Oh, and the breakfasts themselves were amazing!! I love Indian breakfast dishes and theirs were the BEST. Fantastic curries (not too spicy) and really creative dishes. As well as this there was your usual cereal, fruit, toast, juices, hot meats etc and they would even cook omelettes and pancakes on the spot for you.
I would go back to The Amber in an instant, for the breakfast alone! Thanks very much for a fantastic stay!
- Also Known As:
- The Amber - New Delhi Hotel
- The Amber - New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- The Amber
- Amber Hotels
- Amber Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amber is a new boutique hotel with the aim of providing luxurious rooms at affordable prices. It is located in the posh South Delhi area and is in close proximity to major commercial centers and tourist attractions of Delhi. The rooms and bathrooms are fitted with all the amenities that you will find in a 5 star deluxe hotel. Central air-conditioning / heating, 24 hours coffee shop / room service, wi-fi /in-house GYM/ broadband Internet connectivity free of cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Amber - New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.