While checking out Hostels in the Bocas area we also took the water taxi to Bastimentos to visit the Bocas bound Hostel..This was previously a workers accommodation site for the guys building the fancy villas inland..this was evident in the cave we were put in (no window and 10x10 with used sheets I had to change myself) ..True there was no-one else in the building (3 rooms with one as a double twin and then a double then a dorm bunk set-up) and we had the showers and toilets to ourselves..BUT one shower dribbled and the other toilet had no seat so we really only had one of each. (good thing there was only us and the other rooms weren't filled)..Share kitchen area was generally unkempt with no -one policing the clean-up and therefore some people didn't do the right thing...well that part could be remedied BUT the sewer smell probably not, as these facilities are under the big lodge area where the staff can be found playing on the ping pong or playing pool...To be fair some of them seemed okay but most had no clue.....You have to beg for attention even if they are sitting there and the reception closes at 5.oopm (so make sure you have your laundry and key deposit returned before if you are leaving early in the morning) so anyway give up on them and find Tom or Richard as they can expedite almost anything..These guys are the saving grace of this place...Food is okay fair US prices although the Nachos gave my husband some grief for a few days...bar service better (tip well)....I was overcharged and my deposit was not credited to the bill..Red Frog beach is probably a better deal if you can book at the tent resort Palmar..same money and closer to the beaches....Call ahead if you need a ride up to this Hostel with your bags as the walk although pleasant isn't any fun with drag alongs.....Priced too high when registering with Hostel brokers and it took them a while to find our registration...This place needs to give more control to the guys that are on the ball (Tom, Richard) and it might have a better chance....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Bocas Bound Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Bound Hostel Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro