My wife and I spent Friday October 11 to Monday October 14 at Bocas Bound Hostel. I could give numerous examples of how the service is anything but decent. I am not hard to please, but the staff at Bocas Bound were not great.
The beach was amazing. The hamburger at the restaurant on the beach was great.
The air condition was nice and cold, however, it leaked really, really bad. I put a trash can under the leak and it had overflowed by the morning.
There was mildew on the doors going into the bathroom.
The bed was comfortable, sheets were okay.
It is about a 15 minute walk to the beach.
Keep in mind, that if you plan on heading to Bocas Town, it's $5 during the day and $10 at night each way.
Overall, it was a very lack-luster experience as far as the Hostel and its staff is concerned.
The beach was quite amazing though.
If you are any sort of picky, DON'T STAY HERE. If you don't mind a few quirks, it will be okay.
breakfast is NOT included in the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Bocas Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Island Lodge Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro