For the price we paid ($33), we have stayed at better hostels.
- friendly reception guy. Gave us a 3 person room with a window for the price of a double without a window.
- Inexpensive rooms.
- Pool table.
- Nice walk to the beach.
- Dry air in the rooms.
- A lot of ants everywhere.
- Dirty open air kitchen with a lot of insects in it.
- Lack of atmosphere in the room and restaurant.
- Expensive beer prices ($2) for a hostel.
- In the restaurant area they serve free water. Don't drink it, it made me sick (diarree) for days.
- They work with a water taxi company. The hostel arranged a water taxi to Bocas town and back for a fixed price, but once arrived at Bocas town, the taxi guy tried to rip us off with the price. The guy never showed up to bring us back to the hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Island Lodge Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro