This place is great to get away from the main island and enjoy the beach. Bocas Bound is nice but very basic. The property is located on Red Frog Beach about a 20-minute boat ride from the main island. Let me say that the island is amazing, absolutely stunning. It part jungle, part ocean…. paradise!
Our room was private, very small, with a bunk bed for two. We shared a bathroom and hallway with fellow travelers who had private rooms. In our room, the top of the wall is open to allow the air-conditioning to circulate. The only problem with this is that you can hear every single noise, so if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Its simple accomodations but are cheap and you never are in the room, only to sleep, so it works.
The common area is right in front of the dorms. It’s open so you can hear the sounds of the jungle while eating breakfast. This is where you can reserve tours and they have a restaurant. The food is amazing! It’s cheap and delicious. The best fruit smoothies I ever had. In the common area there are pool tables and couches to relax. I really enjoyed taking a nap on the couch with the summer rain shower and jungle noises all around. The best time we had was sitting around in the common area watching a soccer match with people from all around the world.
The main draw and the biggest reason to stay here is red frog beach. You hike on a small path through the jungle to the most amazing beach ever. The water is warm and there was no one on the beach. We had the whole beach to ourselves. We went late at night to walk the beach and stumbled upon a rustic beach bar and meet some really cool people.
Overall, I would recommend this place as long as you know that it’s basic. This is such a relaxed and laid back place. It something you have to experience while in Bocas. Keep expectations low and all will be good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Bocas Bound Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Bound Hostel Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro