My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel last summer. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom for 3 nights, Basically there is no other decent hostel in the island. Below are our pros and cons:
- Nice views, as it is situated on the hill on a beautiful island.
- Good facilities. They have a fussball, ping pong, and pool tables.
- Decent rooms
- Fairly clean
- Free breakfast: 2 pieces of bread, jam and coffee.
- 10 min walk from beautiful Red Frog beach. We saw a lot of wildlife on our way to the beach and back.
- Food from the restaurant was very mediocre. Bring your own.
- Rooms were small. First they offered us a very small room where we could very move around. There was not even space for our luggage and the AC was shared with 3 more rooms, which left that room with not much air flowing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Island Lodge Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro