This place is a waste of your money. Way too much hype for this place. $33 for a semi private room which literally the double bed barley fits in. I am 5 foot 10 and when laying on the bed I can barley fit. My head and feet touching either wall. There is really no character/atmosphere to the place either. It felt like I was in a jail cell.
There was a pool table with some rips in the fabric and a computer that worked pretty good. The coffee in the morning was $1, and there is no free breakfast anymore. The kitchen near the lodging has no bowls or cups and you have to eat your food in the kitchen not in the restaurant which really disconnects you from any sort of socialization.
Theres quite a few bugs in the restaurant area. One night was enough here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Bocas Bound Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Bound Hostel Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro