Everything was super clean, and the kitchen was huge. Dorms are a great option for the budget traveller. The common area in the restaurant was very relaxing, and they have a reasonably priced happy hour(s). It's maybe a 5 min walk to Red Frog beach, which is probably one of the nicest beaches in Central America. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
We had to ask about the air conditioning on the 2nd day, which they promptly came and turned on. The room did get pretty cold after that though. No cups or glasses in the kitchen. Although not completely related to the hostel, the on site restaurant is WAY overpriced, and the food wasn't very good.
A very clean and relaxing place on Isla Bastimentos, at a great price. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Bocas Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Island Lodge Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro