The Red Frog Resort is perfect if you are looking for a wonderful place to relax while enjoying an exotic Caribbean local with luxurious touches. You can enjoy a lush manicured rain forest in amazing privacy while cruising silently among the chirping red frogs in your golf cart. You can take an afternoon dip and enjoy the sunset and amazing cacophony of jungle sounds from your own crystal clear plunge pool. There are two restaurant options on the property. One is more casual but certainly offering basic food options that also provides nightly diversions. The other offers more upscale options in a spectacular setting overlooking the beach. We spent our week moving between the two and were very satisfied. Bocas del Toro and Bastimentos Island give you access to a choice of well-run and accessible scuba diving options. I would recommend Bocas Water Sports. The coral reefs and animal life might not be as over the top as Belize or Bonaire but they still provide some very satisfying options to explore interesting reefs with smaller animal life and even an interesting wreck of an old ferry. Much to my relief, I’m a planner and logistics nut, getting to the dive shop in Bocas town was a breeze. The water taxi was timely, inexpensive and even enjoyable in the quiet of the early morning on the water among this cluster of beautiful islands. As an added plus for our group with members who are gluten free with Celiac, the head of the food service operations actually studied Celiac disease in culinary school. He was ready, willing, and able to work with us and made some great GF pancakes, pasta and pizza. In this regard, make sure you emphasize to the staff when making your arrangements that they should tell the head of the food service operations that you are coming so he can purchase the provisions and plan ahead for your needs. As you might imagine he can’t just run to a local Whole Foods and stock up on GF products. As seasoned zip line critics, we were very pleased that they have a well-developed and interesting zip line course. It was not only safe but had some interesting twists and challenges that were optional. That added to the experience to those in our party who might have felt that they really didn’t need to do another zip line. I would make sure you give yourself enough time so you can spend a day in Bocas Town exploring what they have to offer – shops, local restaurants, night life. Many of the younger hostel based tourists stay in town. Some make it to the hostel on Bastimentos. The staff were great working through the details and our many questions in the planning phase. And they had all the details and logistics worked out upon arrival. Don’t forget…this is well off the beaten path so you should expect things might move a little differently than at home…but that contributed to the pure joy of the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle--this is the perfect place. Two restaurants, 4 beaches, Zipline, surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sailing and famous cave tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro