We are just back from 5 glorious days at Red Frog Beach Resort. We stayed in villa 5. Fabulous! The villas are absolutely gorgeous, and felt quite luxurious. Large modern kitchen, great living room, 3 patios, 4 bedrooms, and a private pool. We had a golf cart to get around, which was quite a lot of fun!
The beach is stunningly gorgeous! Absolute heaven! There's plenty of excursions and adventures that can be booked at Red Frog. But we were quite content to relax at the beach, and take an occasional water taxi to Bocas.
We had the most lovely time dining down at Punta Lava Beach Bar. During the holiday week, there was a wonderful dinner buffet served there nightly. The manager, Hans, was amazingly accommodating as several of us are vegetarians. Lunch and cocktails during the day were great there too! (I recommend the fish tacos!) We also ate a few meals at Kayukos, which was terrific - casual, inexpensive and great food. And, Hans was incredible there as well, when he came out with a specially baked birthday cake for my husband on Christmas Day.
It was an amazing vacation at Red Frog. Would love to go back there again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle--this is the perfect place. Two restaurants, 4 beaches, Zipline, surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sailing and famous cave tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro