Having been around and 'bout Central America, including multiple trips to multiple locations in Costa Rica, I must say that this trip exceeded all my expectations in every respect. While evidence of ongoing construction was very apparent, it did not impact any aspect of our stay. The villa (#54) sits aside a hill overlooking Red Frog and Turtle Beaches. It was wonderfully equiped and fabulously furnished. Nothing more, aside from food and drink to dilute the monotony of excellent restaurants (in Bocas Town and Old Bank/Bastimentos), is required for your stay. The staff are wonderfully attentive and go to great lengths to ensure your stay is perfect. (Shout out to the folks at Kayukos and Punta Lava!) Using boats for getting around, even late at night and at high speeds, is a great change from cars and never-ending traffic. (Shout out to Elio and Tino!) I can't get the place out of my head....and have spent the last two days since my return plotting a means of return. Incredible. Fantastic.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Hotel
- Red Frog Beach Resort Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle--this is the perfect place. Two restaurants, 4 beaches, Zipline, surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sailing and famous cave tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Red Frog Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.