I have never wrote any review on any hotel (around 30) we've been. Most of them have been good, some excellent and some bad. But this one has been exceptionally disappointing.
- 1 minute walk from the main street.
- Nice garden
- Looks clean from the outside
- Beautiful building
- Our room was not cleaned after the previous occupants, they only changed towels (which were very old, with mold and holes), that was discusting.
- Located in a residential area where locals are very noisy, day and night. Roosters will wake you up at 5 AM and dogs barking all night 50 feet from our room.
- 10-20 young men hanging out all night (7 consecutive nights) making noise right next door.
- Barbed-wire fence all around the condos....don't know what to think about that.
- Little to no service. No room service, no more towels, 1 toilet paper roll and soap, you need to buy your own after that Magda said! Talking about Magda, I should mention she was one hour late when we arrived, so we had to wait for her. We actually saw the previous occupants leave, so she rushed just to change the towels and we were in. She is never in the office but she lives on the other side of the street. She did nothing for us on the week we stayed. Both of us had turista for 3 days and she never offered to help us in any way. What I will remember of her is when we left, she was on the phone and she just showed her hand to get the key, not even looking at us. We never complained about a thing during our stay, we asked for a towel one time, and always been polite and smiling.
- Wi-Fi just works outside in front of the building, not in the room neither just outside the room.
- The wall behind the bed was covered of mold spots which they tried to cover with red paint.
- The air conditioner drips water on your pillows so you have to pull the bed away from the wall.
- Really bad smell in the kitchen cabinets. Very little cookware and utensils, can't really cook. What they had looked like it was used, rinsed with water and stored. Everything was greasy and messy. No cleaning products, no rag, no soap for the dishes. Maybe that's why it wasn't clean!
- We had no electricity for many hours, three consecutive days in our stay because the city electricity plant was new and they had problems. That's not a big problem BUT No electricity=no water in these condos! Can't use the toilet, sink, or shower. They should at least have a generator for the water pump. That a non-sense.
- The oven didn't work. Didn't try to hard to make it work since it was an homemade connection the a gas tank in the cabinets................
- Oh I forgot to mention JIM, the owner or manager. We made the reservation with him and my credit card was charged. A few weeks after that, I received an e-mail from him: HI JUST CHECKING IF YOU WILL NEED THAT UNIT THANKS JIM.
Please don't encourage them, go anywhere else. I really don't undertand the good reviews they got on Tripadvisor. Maybe things have changed since the last review wasn't that good.
Recommend hotels: Hotel Palma Royale and Hotel Olas in town or La Carolina and Tesoro Escondido near Playa Bluff, a 10 minutes ride by taxi from town.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.