My wife and I booked here last year. WE had never been to the area, but it was one of the only places with a pool and that pretty much made the decision for us.
The place is a trip and a half. Very strange...
When we were there the manager was away on vacation, and Mike, the owner was taking care of things. Things happen here at their own pace. If you have to have things a certain way, or at exact times Playa Mango is not for you. If you don't mind sitting around in the mornings waiting for Mike to get out of bed and make Coffee, while you play with the hotel parrot, than you will enjoy this place a great deal.
One caution I would give is that the showers are very strange - To me at least. The shower head has a heating element inside it - they almost never work. Ours would give you bracing cold water, and at the end stream would shoot out of it for 3 min.
We told Mike, he said he would take care of it, which meant calling a friend in Miami, FL to order a new one, which should arrive in 3 to 6 weeks (we were there for 10 days).
We lived with it and laughed about it. It was all just part of the way things work in this part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Boutique Hotel with 14 rooms and 1 suite, ocean front and with a beautiful pool. All rooms face the ocean and have gorgeous views of Bocas Town and Isla Carenero. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Playa Mango Beach Club and Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Mango Beach Club Hotel Bocas Town
- Playa Mango Beach Hotel
- Playa Mango Beach Club And Resort Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town