The hotel website and the travel guides really oversold this hotel. There is no beach, the bar over the water was filled with cheap plastic chairs, some broken and there was no working bar. The first night I had to ask for clean sheets as the ones on the bed had a bad smell, as did the towels on some days. There was a strong sewer smell by the front entrance which is also where the bar/kitchen area is. A couple of mornings the sewer smell was wafting in through my open window, yuck! The sheets were pilled and threadbare and you could see right through them. One day the room was not even made up or tended to. The grounds were cluttered with bags of garbage and unused/unusable items laying around. No tv and if there was it was only Spanish speaking, 3 channels. The two staff, despite the unorganized management, tried very hard to be helpful and pleasant. It was not a good experience. Nicer places in town were cheaper.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Mango Beach Club Hotel Bocas Town
- Playa Mango Beach Club Hotel
- Playa Mango Beach Hotel
- Playa Mango Beach Club And Resort Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Boutique Hotel with 14 rooms and 1 suite, ocean front and with a beautiful pool. All rooms face the ocean and have gorgeous views of Bocas Town and Isla Carenero. ... more less