Playa Mango did not live up to the previous reviews. We stayed one week and would have left if we had not prepaid. There has been a change in management and I assume this may be the reason the resort has apparently gone downhill. The linens on the beds are horrible, rough and very pilled. The grounds are poorly maintained with plastic sacks full of cans, wood, broken glass and crumbling sheetrock by the stairs to the upper rooms. The pool could use more upkeep, extra chlorine, scrubbing. There is often a strong smell of sewer by the front entrance. There was no working tv in our room. We were offerred connection to an an antenna that would bring in three local spanish speaking channels. No satellite or cable. The whole place needs a facelift. On the positive side, the TWO service staff work exceptionally hard to allow the guests a pleasant experience. The free coffee in the morning was delicious, breakfast adequate. We did not eat dinner so cannot comment on the food but the bar over the water was not open when we stayed there. The resort has lots of possibilities but it currently is not a place we could recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Mango Beach Club Hotel Bocas Town
- Playa Mango Beach Club Hotel
- Playa Mango Beach Hotel
- Playa Mango Beach Club And Resort Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Boutique Hotel with 14 rooms and 1 suite, ocean front and with a beautiful pool. All rooms face the ocean and have gorgeous views of Bocas Town and Isla Carenero. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Playa Mango Beach Club and Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.