“Amazing accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 25 Bocas Town B&B and Inns
Savage, Minnesota
“Amazing accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent a fair amount of time reading about lodgings in Bocas before making my decision. I finally settled on Bahias del Sol for two reasons - the owners web site explained exactly what to expect and it was close to town, but far enough away to lend some peace and quiet. What I got was quite a bit more than I expected. The location was perfect and the owners were fabulous hosts.

I rented the master suite which has a balcony overlooking Saigon Bay. This granted me a private space to lounge and a spectacular view, especially at sunset.

Every morning Jack cooked a delicious and hearty breakfast. Strong coffee and fresh fruit included. When I wanted to go out and explore Jack and Lee set me up with the best guides. I rode in boats around all the islands, walked on beautiful deserted beaches, went fishing, climbed through caves, ate sugar cane with locals, watched dolphins gliding through beautiful blue waters.

This trip was great, but what made it even better was my choice to stay at Bahias del Sol. You will be well taken care of here.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you're going to Isla Colon, I strongly recommend staying here -fifteen minutes from the main town and we felt 100% at home. Aside from being lovely accommodation, Jack and Leigh were the best hosts I've ever had on a holiday. If you don't have a plan/trip sorted for the day, they'll help sort one out and get you picked up from their jetty, and Jack's breakfasts (and jokes) will make sure you have all the energy you need for the day. We stayed three nights, then went across to Bastimentos and stayed somewhere we didn't like and thankfully we were able to come back to Bahia del Sol for another two nights. Jack and Leigh saved (and helped make) our holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bahia Del Sol will not disappoint! If you want to get away from the world of smartphones and instant access to outside world that this is the place for you. If you still need to be connected to the outside world then access is there at your fingers. Well worth the price to get away. If you want to snorkel, kayak, take a boat to where ever or just get the inside track to what to do they will help set up or give you onsite access to what you want. A homemade breakfast creation is an everyday morning routine with a fantastic cup of joe too! If you strive for a home away from home then look no further! A friendly staff is waiting to meet your needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Bahia Del Sol. Jack and Lee were wonderful and Jack's breakfasts were awesome (as others have said). We specifically chose this hotel because it was close to the Feria del Mar festival and it was great. We had a wonderful time. The hotel sits right on the water and we loved the sound of the waves at night, there is no better way to fall asleep. This hotel is around a 15 minute walk from Bocas's town center or a 5 minute taxi ride. Make sure to take the bus to Drago beach and eat at the Caribbean restaurant on the beach - amazing food. Say hello to Sophia when you go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was really impressed with our cabin --clean, spacious, and right on the water. The view was amazing, and Jack and Lee provided us with anything we wanted: kayaks, snorkel gear, restaurant recommendations, etc. They were also quick to help us find the best quality/value tours and made breakfast each morning. If we needed to be somewhere, they made sure a cab was waiting at the appointed time.

Bahia Del Sol is a small walk into town, which was a great thing. We could walk or take a cheap cab ride and not be disturbed by the night life when we were at the cabin. The nice thing was that Jack, Lee & staff went out of their way to accomodate us, even with extra requests (beach towel, etc). I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in a low key and extremely fun vacation destination.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place was fantastic. First of all, the pictures in the advertisements do not deceive, the rooms are beautiful, the view is a serene paradise (I recommend lake side). Second, the "laid back" breakfast is delicious! Jack makes you breakfast whenever you feel like coming downstairs (not like other places where breakfast begins and ends at predetermined times). Breakfast was always my favorite part of the day:). They had great advice on what to do and where to go in Boca's and made all our reservations for us, always making sure we were being taken care of and that our taxi's and tour guides took care of us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Carteret, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here in late May. The house is not on the main strip but don't worry, you can walk or catch a dollar cab. I absolutely loved staying at Bahia del Sol. My girlfriend did not want to leave ( and neither did I) but we had other countries to visit. Jack and Lee are such a wonderful host and hostess. Everything that I read about Jack’s famous breakfasts was true. But what really makes them well-liked and successful is that they will go out of their way to make sure that they help you with information from restaurants to traveling. My next destination was San Jose and I wasn’t sure of the best means of transportation to get there. Jack called up a reliable friend who met us at Almirante and drove us to Changuinola for the bus to Costa Rica. One piece of advice: if you have time, sit down with Jack and let him talk about how to be successful in business. I feel like I got more value out of him than my MBA education.

Room Tip: Room 5 and the room on the back end on the second floor.