“Terrible Service and Management Refuses to Apologize” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Maracuya is a quaint waterfront restaurant conveniently located on Main St. in Bocas Town, on Isla Colon. We serve breakfast and dinner, and have indoor and outdoor seating.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Terrible Service and Management Refuses to Apologize”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We ate here two nights ago, and this was one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. We were there for two and a half hours before food arrived. One of the first things you'll notice upon entering is that the kitchen is very small. However, the restaurant continues to seat people even though they do not have the capability to support all of their customers. Greed I guess? I witnessed two parties arguing with management on their way out. One didn't pay his entire bill because he wasn't served and they went out chasing him expecting him to pay even though he didn't get his food. The other party waited for their food for over an hour and were then told that the kitchen was out of what they ordered. The only consolation the manager offered was to walk down the street to her other restaurant.

Lastly, I guess the management has done some recent renovations. The tables and benches on the front patio are now black, and now that black paint is all over a ruined pair of my shorts. I noticed I was slightly sticking to the benches, and when I looked at my shorts my suspicions were confirmed. When I showed the waitress that the benches had shed paint all over my shorts she simply looked at them for a few seconds and walked away looking embarrassed. The rest of restaurants in normal society usually comp drinks atleast, FYI. I will post pictures once I upload my camera.

Atleast the food was good...but it wasn't worth two and a half hours of my life, rude staff, and ruined clothes

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Morpeth, England, United Kingdom
“Food Poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This place gave me the worst food poisoning I've had in 20 years. I had the red seafood curry. It completely ruined the end of my time in Bocas and cost me 60 dollars because I couldn't go on the chocolate tour I had booked and paid for the previous day. I'm writing this 36 hours hours after visiting the restaurant and I still don't feel well.

Visited December 2013
Cambridge, Canada
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The service was fantastic and herbs were fresh. We ordered the Pad Thai and it was the best we have eaten. When visiting Bocas , this restuarants will keep you wanting for more.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Eat and smile :-)))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Very delicious food served with nice souces! Service friendly, cheerful and helpful:) all coocked live so you feel that food is fresh! Deffinitely worth comming back!

Visited December 2013
CONNECTICUT
“magnificent maraacuya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

anytime of day this place is great !!the service,food,atmosphere all works!! had dinner there and breakfast there this week ,,,the indian style french toast is superb ,,cool spices,,and the steak ,many choices to pick from ,,,drinks are refreshing both in taste and originality !!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere