“Nice and in the towncenter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bocas del Toro

You added Hotel Bocas del Toro to your Saves list
Hotel Bocas del Toro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #2 Calle | No 2 Calle, Bocas Town, Isla Colon, Bocas Town, Isla Colon 77777, Panama   |
Special Deal
BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bocas Town
Panama City, Panama
“Nice and in the towncenter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

It is confortable, clean, hot water, a/c and very nice rooms. It is in the towncenter close to all the good spots. They have their own restaurant that is also very good and has a nice view. If you need some advise ask the girl in the front desk, she will give you good tips

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

During the Bocas leg of our trip to Panama, my wife and I stayed at the fantastic Hotel Bocas del Toro. The wonderful wood craftsmanship, decor and placement (over water) makes you feel like you're actually on boat ready to sail out! The proximity to both the water & the town's warm & relaxing vibe makes it a perfect vacation spot.

When we arrived we enjoyed a great lunch on the outside terrace overlooking the ocean. The staff was really friendly and made us feel at home immediately. I still think of that delicious fish sandwich and Balboa cervesa I had!

Our top-floor room overlooking the town made us feel close to the action. The streets came alive from early morning and into late evening as we were there during Carnival! There was some outside noise at night, but with the door closed and AC on, we slept like babies. The bed was very comfortable. Linens were clean and comfortable as well. The AC worked great and kept us cool while we slept. We did have a few problems with the water pressure but the staff took care of getting the issues resolved quickly. That's something you should expect throughout Panama, infrastructure can sometimes be faulty. So keep this in mind when you visit and don't get irritated... you're on vacation!

The food overall was great. Service was also really nice and attentive. The breakfast was good and plentiful (although not their strongest service). The hot sauce served there was out of this world! We bought two bottles of it from the chef.

The staff gave us great recommendations of things to see and places to eat. I thank all of them for making our stay there a joy! A special thank you goes out to the owner Carla who went out of her way showing up at the airport to hand me my sunglasses (which I had left at a wine bar across the street). I really appreciated the kind gesture!

We loved our stay and if we're lucky enough to return someday, we'd stay there again without any hesitations. We definitely recommend Hotel Bocas del Toro...you wont want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

When I first arrived to Bocas, I wasnt quite sure where to go except "head to the water". From the airport to the water (a short 5 min walk), Hotel Bocas caught my eye. I typically "rest my head" at eco-lodges because the majority of my day is spent out side, but when I stopped into Hotel Bocas for a refreshment on the water and was greeted by the owner Carla, she was so informative and delightful with an absolutely amazing wait staff (hotel and restaurant), I decided to inquire about rooms for the evening. She had one! Beautiful nautical decorations, comfy beds, security locks for your valuables, hot water, A/C and windows. I was very pleased. Be sure to ask about the balcony rooms and inquire about "music nights" because sometimes (depending on the night), the entire town "shakes" with the base of the local clubs. Part of the local flare, but best to prep yourself for it so you are not irritated with a surprise disco party when you want some good shut eye! Thank you for a great stay Carla! Dr. Michelle Wolford

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My parents and i stayed at hotel Bocas del Toro and had a Wonderful experience. We received an upgrade upon arrival since all the standard rooms where booked. We had planed a reunion with our friends and family in the restaurant at the hotel and the chef prepared a very delicious seafood dinner including lobster that my parents still talk about a year later.
The staff is super friendly and the central location of the hotel makes it a great choice for lodging to explore the town and surroundings.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Waimea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Since I was traveling on business with time to spare I heard of Bocas de Toro, a pristine archipelago in Panama not far from Costa Rica. The concierge where I stayed at a 4 star hotel recommended I make an online reservation with Air Panama who offered one of the most convoluted websites I have ever attempted on line.
With no luck with Air Panama, I contacted a Hotel recommended by business associates, Hotel Bocas del Toro, and their Reception volunteered without hesitation to book my flight to Bocas del Toro at no extra fee. My luggage was even lost and they sent it to one of the lodges I later decided to visit. This was a 5 star service!

Since I wanted to make a couple of outer island trips to the archipelago, the first night I booked a Town Balcony room which was very satisfactory. The staff served fresh milk with my organic coffee service in my room where I had a chance to watch the charming Caribbean town come to life in the morning and use my WIFI. They rooms offered everything you could desire. Since breakfast was included I took advantage of both the restaurant and bar, where the chef prepared delicious seafood specialty dishes.
After 2 days of exploring another island at a jungle lodge and ocean lodge, I was ready to return to more civilized comforts of air conditioning, TV, and hair dryers. I checked into the master suite at Hotel Bocas del Toro with the most captivating views of the outer islands. WIFI was available for all my business need, including Skype, while taking in a million dollar view of the islands.
The hotel also had telephone service which I found others not to have making it convenient to speak with my family. The one note I will mention is the high level of service and family orientation of the staff which when talking with local residents elsewhere was not the norm. Whoever (or Hotelier extraordinaire!) is running this operation moved from Hawaii with Tiffany and Walt Disney background, making this an experience you will not want to miss. Just as I was departing, the hotel, built like a ship was sailing into a month of renovation, rejuvenating the 11 different exotic hardwoods that the hotel was originally built from. Based on my experience, their ReOpening In July will be spectacular. Don’t miss the experience!

Room Tip: Get ocean view--why not?
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We spent 8 nights here in May 2012. Cute room with character and a nice balcony. Friendly staff. Perfect location. Clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Charming, welcoming. Loved our room -- well designed, comfortable, clean space; great beds; loved the balcony--even on "street side" rather than ocean view. Staff is professional, friendly, helpful with a real customer service attitude. We felt at home from the start. Next trip to Bocas, we will be staying at Hotel Bocas del Toro once again.

Room Tip: Street side room was fine; restaurant has nice deck over the water for all to use. Very good breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bocas del Toro? Share your experiences!