I stayed in this hotel in August 2011 for 5 nights. The location is very close to everything and it's fun to stay in a historical building but there are some things I did not enjoy...
1. The reception people at the front desk were not very friendly even though I spoke to them in Spanish.
2. The walls of the rooms are very dirty and need painting.
3. The music from the club El Canto across the street can be heard inside the room even when the windows are closed.
4. The free breakfast is nice but it's basic and the menu never changes.
5. We only had hot water 50% of the time.
6. The view from our window was a broken down dirty home.
For the price, $67 it was fine for 5 nights. They will offer you a higher rate but if you speak Spanish you can get them down about $20 a night.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel Bocas Town
- Bahia Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located at the Southern tip of Third (Main) Street, in a majestic antique wooden building, that has already celebrated its hundredth anniversary and is still standing firm despite the ravages of time and the destructive earthquakes of 1917 and 1991. Built in 1905, it is considered one of the oldest buildings in the area. We offer the 18 most spacious and comfortable rooms, all of them with A/C, WI-Fi connection, Cable TV, safety boxes and private bathroom with hot shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bahia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.