“Perfect Family Friendly Hotel in Bocas” 5 of 5 stars

Swan's Cay Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3rd Street, Bocas Town, Isla Colon, Panama   |
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Bocas Town
panama
“Perfect Family Friendly Hotel in Bocas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpfull all the time, specially Yarisbeth who helped us start to finish.
The rooms were confortable with brand new a/c split units. Internet connection was fast. Breakfast buffet was very complete, staff toasted bread upon request.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe rooms that face the main street for better internet service.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived with no accomodation sorted in bocas so decided to treat ourselves to a night in a hotel before checking into a hostel down the road. After one member of staff informing us that there were three rooms available we left to get our back packs and on returning a different member of staff rudely told us there were no rooms. When we told her about the three free rooms she conceded in letting us stay. We were then shown to a room by the pool which had a terrible damp problem and a fridge that didn't work. The air con was the only thing going for the place and the food in the restaurant isn't bad.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was late booking for my visit to Bocas and it was the only hotel I could find. This is without doubt my worst hotel experience in 20 years traveling. The hotel staff were sour and surly throughout my stay. I arrived early (8am) and asked for an early check. They refused saying I had to come back at 3pm. This is despite the fact that a large group of German travelers were checking out while I was at reception. I could see the maids cleaning the rooms on the balcony at 9am and yet the reception staff couldn't be bothered to accommodate me. I eventually got my room at 3pm. It was horrific. Worn bed cloths, air con that rattled like an old VW Beatle and the bathroom was simply filthy. I could go on but haven't the energy. It's the pits.

• Stayed February 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The place is nice and the staff is very helpful! I must say that the food isnt the best and the kitchen service is bad. The pool is nice for a few minutes but to deep to enjoy. The rooms are very nice and comfortable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The pictures don't show the reality. The hotel is much better than it is shown in the pictures and the people are really really nice.

After looking around in Bocas town, this was for sure a very good choice and good value of money!
I would definitely recommend a stay there

Cheers,
Judith

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very close to the airport, attractions, and bank (only one ATM on the island). As lther reviewers have mentioned,the staff makes it seem like any requests or questions are a bother and are rarely helpful or pleasant. Rooms are outdated, but large and clean and a good value given we paid under $100 for a large room with 2 beds. Rooms do have flat screens, a safe, and sufficient storage. Biggest plus (beyond location) was large balconies which look over the town. Lobby is very dimly lit with a few seating areas. Pool area was nice; free wifi. Overall a decent value.

• Stayed December 2012
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

After my partner booked this hotel for my 10 month daughter and me I was alarmed to read some of the negative reviews for this hotel. However, once I arrived there, I was pleasantly surprised. It is true that the young woman on the front desk is not the most effusive and friendly person, but all of the other staff were very helpful. Everyday the restaurant staff would help me make up the formula milk for my baby and each time they would hold her and play with her. The room was not modern but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a balcony that looked out onto the main street so that you could people watch, but at night time you could close the door and put the air con on and it was very soundproofed. The pool is clean and the sitting area around the pool is very pleasant, even during the drizzly rain that I was unlucky to have during my stay. In sunshine, it would provide welcome shade. The hotel leant me an umbrella when it was heavy rain and when I left an object in my room, they sent it to San Jose, Costa Rica through Naturair so that they could return it to me. I was very impressed with their service in this case, as they answered my query immediately and I had the object back within the week. The decor is more reminiscent of a Swiss chalet but it has a certain charm, especially when the restaurant puts its tables outside. It was definitely a good choice for a family. I visited the other hotel with a pool but they were 40 dollars more and completely empty. I had dinner at the restaurant one night and the food was simple but tasty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Swan's Cay Hotel? Share your experiences!