“Incredible experience at Habla Ya Spanish School!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Activities in Bocas Town
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Habla Ya offers different types of Spanish courses: from group lessons (4 hours per day, maximum 6 students per class) and private classes.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Incredible experience at Habla Ya Spanish School!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had the fortunate opportunity to attend Habla Ya Spanish School for two weeks in August of 2012. I've always had a desire to learn the Spanish language, and from motivation in my job to learn it quickly, I decided to pursue this venture. I did not know anyone who had been to Bocas del Toro or anyone who had taken classes there, so i was a little aprehensive. But, the staff made my travel arrangments go perfectly. Someone picked me up from the airport and took me to the School, showed me around town and introduced me to my host Family. My host Family was absolutely incredible, they provided additional teaching in their home to furthur my experience. My Instructors were Abelardo Camano and Malkidia Garcia. I cannot say enough good things about both of them. They challenged me and helped build the foundation for what I need to develop my understanding and ability to learn Spanish. It was a wonderful experience and I have already looked into booking another trip back to Bocas!!!

Visited August 2012
panamajoules, Owner at Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
We were thrilled to have you as our student, and Malkidia and Abelardo are specially happy about your compliments to them. We're always very pleased when everything runs as smooth as it did with you and we're very excited to have you come and visit us again for more Spanish learning and Bocas exploring!

Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Learn Spanish in Bocas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Upscale school. One of the nicest buildings in town. Airconditioned. Instructor Abelardo very professional, efficient, organized, and personable. Very high priced--like double or more the rates in nearby Nicaragua. The school is more formal, atmosphere more uni-like, activities more expensive than the schools in several locations in Nicaragua.
The learning was good, but for trying to get a flavor of local culture, schools in Nicaragua we thought were more involving.

Visited August 2012
panamajoules, Owner at Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Hi Johnnytropics,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, fortunately for us, the standards of living are much better in Panama than in Nicaragua. A Spanish teacher in Nicaragua working full time can earn around $150 per month. In Panama, the same teacher can easily earn 4 times that if not more.

This naturally will make Spanish schools in Panama, Costa Rica, Ecuador and in almost every country in Latin America, cost more than those in Nicaragua. It's just how the world economy is... it's not our choosing.

So when you decide to study Spanish at a school, that is accredited and hires their teachers full time as opposed to laying them off during the low season (and in that way maintain the high quality that you refer to), then yes, it will cost more.

Glad to hear you really liked your Spanish teacher.

All the best!
Hamburg
“Amazing time at HablaYa Bocas del Toro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I took spanish classes at Habla Ya in Bocas del Toro for one week (unfortunately only one week!!) in August 2012.
I already booked my classes from Germany and everybody of the administration team was so friendly and helpful! I was picked up from the airport and welcomed in a very friendly way.
My host-family was very nice, too and I really felt home.
My teacher Christopher was great. He really tried to find out which was the best way for me to learn Spanish. So he adjusted his way of teaching exactely to my needs. I learnt a lot without even noticing! I could highly recommend HablaYa to everybody who wants to learn Spanish and spend a great time in Panama!

Seattle
“Very well organized school”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a nice time at Habla Ya and learned a lot of Spanish. They are well organized and flexible (I changed level after 2 days), assist you with the logistics, organize activities and provide a very comfortable, safe and clean environment. I really liked my teacher Yaira who is moving to the Boquete campus.
Habla Ya is not cheap but for me, it was worth the money.
Gracias a todos.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Go here for An Incredible Experience...While Learning Spanish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Habla Ya Bocas Del Toro Campus should be your top choice for Spanish-language Immersion!

In April 2012, I didn't speak any Spanish. Then, after 9 weeks of private tutoring with Habla Ya (7 Weeks in Bocas del Toro; then 2 more weeks in Boquete) I felt like I had a very solid Spanish base. This gave me sufficient confidence to travel around in Latin America with ease. I feel very fortunate to have been tutored by: (1) Yaira, Irasema, Abelardo, and Alexis (in Bocas); and (2) Mitzila and Sara (in Boquete). The Professors are of extremely high caliber and were all dedicated to helping me succeed.

If you are serious about quickly learning Spanish, I also would recommend staying with a Host Family. I had a great experience in Bocas with the Morales Campbell Family and in Boquete with the Urrioles Fuentes Family. Both families were extremely warm and hospitable - and were always eager to help me practice my Spanish.

Habla Ya also organizes lots of activities (Sailing, Snorkeling, Diving, Dancing, Beach Outings, Dinners, etc.) that were all well attended - by Students and Professors. These activities give you a chance to practice your Spanish in a fun environment. I have made many new friends from Panama - as well as all over the world - while doing Full Immersion Spanish at Habla Ya.

If you have been thinking about learning spanish, I recommend that you get yourself to Panama and take Full Immersion Spanish with Habla Ya!

Visited April 2012

Travelers who viewed Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes also viewed

Bocas Town, Isla Colon
Bocas Town, Isla Colon

Been to Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.