After a pretty bad experience at another lodging, my boyfriend and I were eager to cut our holiday short and return to our home in Costa Rica. We decided to spend one night at Mar e Iguana and take the bus the next morning, but after meeting the staff, chilling in the Tower hammocks and finally feeling the Island vibe, we ended up staying for 5 days! The private room was exactly what we were looking for, no-frills but comfortable and with its own bathroom and patio complete with hammocks. The best part was the amazing art work all over the hostel, and the two story chill-out tower with the killer ocean view. We spent most of our time up there. Ricardo and the other bartenders were really friendly and helpful, telling us where the best beaches were for snorkelling and fishing (my boyfriend brought his spear gun) and places to get authentic Caribbean food around the island. Cuba, the rasta man, even offered us his surfboard to borrow for the day. We loved the location of the hostel, away from the noise and traffic of Bocas Town, but only a dollar cab ride away. By staying in this part of town we were walking distance to some beautiful beaches, fun waves and amazing marine life. If you're planning to spend any time on this island, then we highly recommend you check out Mar e Iguana !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Mar e Iguana and the Irie Lion bar is the perfect place to relax when you travel to Bocas del Toro. Sitting beside the Caribbean Sea just minutes from Bocas Town.Mar e Iguana has access to all of the activities this area offers, but it enjoys the serenity that makes Bocas Panama unique.Your key to comfort in Bocas del Toro...Specializing in relaxation and having great rates, the hostel has a wide range of features. Guests can get help scheduling tours, surf lessons, massages and other activities. Visitors here can also enjoy the nightlife of Bocas Town, with bars and restaurants only minutes away. For those who are more interested in enjoying nature, the sound of the waves has a calming effect, especially when heard from the hostels comfortable hammocks.Rooms at Hostel Mar e Iguana are also very comfortable and provide features you would expect in a resort, such as air conditioning, private bathrooms and free Wi-Fi.The Irie Lion Bar & Restaurant provides great drinks and special food every days, plus you can enjoy live reggae music every thursday.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingOdigeoWL and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostal Mar e Iguana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Mar e Iguana Hotel Bocas Town
- Hostal Mar e Iguana Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town