“Great, but STRONG margaritas!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Los Angeles
“Great, but STRONG margaritas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I made the "mistake" of going here for lunch before a 3pm Spanish lesson. I had a delicious margarita and was tipsy for the rest of the day.... Oh, and the food was good too!!

Bocas del Toro, Bocas del Toro, Panama
“Finally Great Mexican Food on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Since I first sailed into Bocas over 13 years ago and fate decided this to be my home, people have often asked me what I miss about living in the United States, and Texas in particular. On the top of my list was good Tex-Mex food. Now those longings have finally been cured by the delicious food and very tasty Margaritas always prepared with love at Gringo's.
To tell the truth I seldom leave my comfort zone, which is either on the water, over the water, or within sight of the water. Gringo's is one of the only places that has lured me "inland", over and over again, and I have never been disappointed (except when I go there on one of the few days when they are closed). The only thing they could do to improve it would be to offer delivery out to the sailboats in the marinas and out at anchor. But then I wouldn't get to see and talk with the kind people who work there and run the place, so it is perfect as it is.
If you're craving really good Tex-Mex food at a very affordable price, served in generous portions without sacrificing quality (especially the nachos served in a massive edible taco-shell bowl), with beautifully painted walls creating a great atmosphere, Gringo's is definitely the only option and a delight not to be missed by anyone visiting the islands.

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I live in LA with tons of good Mexican places to eat. This may have topped them all. Everything tasted perfected seasoned and fresh.

Melbourne, Australia
“fantastic tex mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

our second favourite place in Bocas town (after El Pecado). Super potent margaritas and excellent food.

Kailua, Hawaii
“Some good some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had lunch, split a number 5. Portion was large, but ingredients were marginal. Owner was friendly and visited with us a bit as we were only customers. He brought by some home made chips and bit of salsa after we had started eating so we could sample his other flavors. Most of the chips were burned and the salsa taste was only OK. We missed that he included the tip in the final bill, so he got two tips from us. Not sure about his other fare or drinks, as we had Balboas. This place is OK, but nothing to write home about, or make a special trip to go to.

• Visited August 2012