“Really good value for the money! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Hansi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bocas Town
Hostal Hansi
You added Hostal Hansi to your Saves list
Ave. D & 2nd. Street, Bocas Town, Isla Colon, Panama   |
Berlin, Germany
“Really good value for the money! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We searched long in boca town for a hostel which is nice and clean and also not so expensive. This fitted perfect! Very clean rooms with private bathrooms in the City center but it wasn't very loud. The kitchen is well prepared so that you can provide yourself meals. Just, the lady there was really unpolite even for German standards!! And everywhere were signs with what not to do, when it comes to 'don't cook for your friends' its a bit too much for me. But all in all we can really recommend to stay there!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was traveling over Christmas with my family (brother, father, sister, her husband, and their two children). We made the mistake of not booking a place ahead of time in Bocas del Toro. So when we got off the boat, I went around looking for a place to stay. I made it to Hostal Hansi and talked to the lady, who was very nice, and she said she had one room with three single beds, and asked how many we were. I told her it was our family but it would be my sister, her husband, and two children staying there. My father, brother, and I stayed at another hostel that night in a dorm room. But for the next night, we found a nicer hotel close by which had two double beds and air conditioning. My nephew and niece had a hard time sleeping that night, because the room was right by the street and it was a little noisy that night. Not overly noisy but they just had trouble sleeping. So we thought we would let my sister, husband, and the two kids have the other hotel room so maybe they could sleep better the second night. So my father, brother, and I stayed in the room at Hostal Hansi. The next morning when my brother and I got up to make some eggs we had bought in the kitchen, we were accosted by a man yelling at us telling us we had no right to be there. I tried to tell him we were staying in the room right there, and then his wife came up behind him yelling at us too saying that I had told her it was for a couple and two children and then she sees me, and "this young man" (referring to my brother). We tried to explain what had happened but they just shook their heads and walked away. I realize we probably should have explained what had happened to them beforehand but she had seen us all there the day before, and I hadn't thought it would be a problem. I also think they could have approached us differently rather than yelling at us saying we had no right to be there. We had paid for the room and had not been noisy or disrespectful in any way.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed 3 nithts in Hansi Hostal in a single room w/bath. The room was not large, but well decorated with a good bed, sufficient light, a table and chair, and place to hang or put clothes. There also was a fan, and a safety box with a locker. Bathroom also was ok and well orgnised.
The shared places were convenient and confortable. The kitchen is well furnished and orgnised.
Hike was able to create an hostel with a friendly atmosphere, with well defined rules, with an excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed at this hostel when we turned up to bocas without a reservation. my friend and I stayed in a double suit which was pretty decently priced with an ensuite, tv and balcony. the bed was very comfortable and teh shower was clean with towels provided.
the owner had cute cats around the area. it was really nice to stay somewhere with a pivate bathroom. the hostel is not a party hostel which was great after long days travellign around the island area. excellent location like other hostels because bocas is a very small area with everything close by.
the only thing is you can{t book any tours etc through the hostel front desk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed in the 'marriage suite' which was basic but adequate. The owner of the hostel was very friendly and assisted us where she could. The hostel has a kitchen with a good food storage system and there are 2 hostel cats which are really friendly. Good location, close to boats and the main strip of bars, shops and cafes but still in a quiet area. Only downside is the smell of cigarette smoke (I think the owner smokes inside). Breakfast not included.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cali, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed at Hostal Hansi for a week after having stayed at numerous other locations in Bocas (Gran Kahuna, Spanish by the Sea, and Hostal Diamond) and this was by far our favorite hostel.

A few of the things we loved:

- It's clean.
- The beds are comfortable.
- Heiki is an absolute charm.
- Private bathroom.
- The kitchen is small but well-stocked and functional.
- A common area to hang out and meet other travellers.

The only word of caution is that there are a few cats on the property. My girlfriend is allergic and didn't have any reactions though, so they may not be a big problem :)

Room Tip: No reservations, so come back every day in the morning to try to land a room!