“Best food in town” 5 of 5 stars

Calle 3 maine street | en Hotel laguna, Bocas Town, Isla Colon 33172, Panama
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: They don`t have a listing yet, but they are the by far the best restaurant in Bocas
“Best food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best food we ate in Bocas! Our group ate here multiple times and we were consistently impressed with the presentation, service and quality of this resterant. The owner (a fellow Canadian) was welcoming and made an effort to make us feel at home-even making us a free pre dinner drink. I highly recomend the leek soup, escargot and tuna steak!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dana Point, California
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We ate at El Pecado 3 nghts and each meal was outstanding. The service is excellent, too. Although not cheap, it is priced good for the quality and amount of food you get. The appetizers are large portions, as are the main meals. We'll go again next trip.

Visited July 2013
Panama
“Worst review I've ever given”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had such high hopes for this place. I'd heard a lot about it, and read good reviews.

Alas.

I will just give a run-down of what we ate and what we were charged.

Appetizer of the friend Camembert with cranberry. Old cheese, past its date, but edible. Dipping sauce pretty bland and watery.

Fish in Indian curry sauce: overcooked fish, but reasonably flavorful sauce only marred by the dishwashing detergent on the plate.

Pasta Arrabiata: overcooked pasta. Dry and plain. Dishwashing detergent not only on the plate but on the pasta. Spoke to the waiter about it. He took it away, brought back another plate almost immediately with no detergent, but microwaved and even drier than before.

They charged everything.

I don't think I need to say more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent overall experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ate at El Pecado on a Sunday night and sat outside to watch the activity of Bocas town while enjoying a nice meal. The menu is quite varied and I chose the fried camembert cheese w/ cranberry sauce which was excellent followed by grilled mahi mahi. The fish was good but seemed slightly oily but the taste was great. Accompanied by a nice red wine. Service was good. The man and woman working that night both looked out for me when I needed something. Only spent two nights in Bocas town so not a huge base upon which to compare but I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cartago, Costa Rica
“Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Never thought I would have pizza in Panama, but we all did and it was one of the best ever, no kidding.
The menu is extensive, seafood of course, chicken, so much to choose from, but I think after all the rice, beans and fish from the week, pizza sounded the best.
Service is great, can eat inside or outside. We ate outside, and just watched all the street action, and there was a lot.
Great prices, clean and yummy!!!
Oh, make a reservation for dinner for sure!

• Visited June 2013