Made a reservation and had correspondence to prove this, yet they claimed it was never confirmed. They assigned a bed to me that was already taken by someone else. I came back to have all my stuff moved- gave me a new bed, which they kicked someone out of to give me. 10 mins after I went to bed I started being eaten alive by Bed Bugs. I slept in that bed for a total of 2 hours that night. I currently have over 50 welts to my hands, eyes, ears, face, legs thanks to Casa Verde and have had to go to the doctors as my eye swelled & closed up as a result. I slept out on the deck on a dirty couch with the security guard while he snored and I stayed awake for the rest of the night. He was nice enough to make sure I was comfortable- more than the staff here! Breakfast is not available even though they state it is. Staff were incredibly unhelpful- I checked out ASAP and moved to a great hotel up the road. The view does not make up for this badly run hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a laid back community atmosphere where it's easy to rest & relax? Among all the great places to stay in Bocas, Casa Verde truly is your best value community house in Bocas del Toro, Panama. Come enjoy life on the water at Casa Verde! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Hotel Bocas Town
- Casa Verde Hostel And Guesthouse
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town