The trip started pretty well but started rolling downhill and never stopped.
The room had a pretty nice view, windows looked like they hadnt been washed since last year.
After taking a shower, i went to put on my socks and there was hair all over the bottom of my feet. Someone had defintely cut their hair in this room and it was never cleaned.
The coffee pot had dry ground coffee in it and hadnt been cleaned out. The sliding door on our room to the outside balcony did not have a lock on it, and the water taxi guys kept looking to see if we were still inside.
The hotel charged a $25 fee for an extra guest that was never discussed at the time of check in. They demanded that this be paid in cash before leaving the hotel. The last day we walked to the airport and waited for our flight. The manager of the hotel showed up to the airport and said that we had borrowed $25 in cash the night before from the hotel attendant, and that we must pay it to him. We told him to get lost, since he was obviously trying to screw us. He called the police and threatened to make us miss our flights if we did not pay him the $25 we supposedly borrowed from the hotel. During the argument in the airport, where everyone was watching, the manager of the hotel got very physical and starting screaming and drawing all of the attention that he could.
There were a few hotel/hostel owners in the airport who were disgusted with this man's behavior and the nature of this operation. The whole thing was a scam and they tried to rip us off in any way that they could.
In the end, we were only overcharged $125, and ended up having a terrible experience both inside our room and with our experience at the airport.
I recommend staying at any of the other 50 resorts before i would even consider staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Town Paradise Hotel
- Bocas Paradise Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bocas Del Toro's newest oceanfront hotel located in the heart of the vibrant and picturesque Bocas Town. The hotel features three stories of colorful Caribbean architecture perched out over the water with spectacular views. The hotel offers 30 rooms, an incredible restaurant and bar and some of the best views in Bocas. Most rooms have breathtaking ocean views, balconies, air conditioning, cable TV, kitchenettes, and high quality furnishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bocas Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.