“got robbed !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bocas Town
Panama City, Panama, Panama
“got robbed !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed 3 nights. They stoled all my cellphones. last day in the checkout the lady told me i had to pay her $25. I asked her of what and she told me that my husband asked her for $25 for the taxi when we made the check in ... witch was a lie cause we paid right away and we went there waking!!! they charged my credit card $100 more and $25 the receptionist said she lend me. Food terrible and cleaning service horrible. !!! worst experience i had in hotels. Dont recommend no body .... there are lots of better places in bocas for same price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bocasparadise, General Manager at Bocas Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
I am the new manager of Bocas Paradise and I am very sorry for your experience that you had here. Since I have taken over, things have changed here dramatically. If you visit Bocas again we will make sure that you are treated beyond your expectations.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I got this offer through Oferta Simple! It was for two people and I ended up going alone. After I bought the deal I read the reviews and was afraid about the noise. I was given a second floor room next to the water taxi building.
Since I only faced a wall, it was quiet. If you want a view, this room would be bad. There were only 3 rooms filled at the hotel and I assume I got a quiet one. I didn't even have to ask for a quiet room. The room's comfortable, bed and a fantastic bathroom added to the quality.
No Wifi access in room. I had to go downstairs.
The manager let me check in early. That is why I would really recommend the hotel. Breakfast was included and wasn't anything to write home about. I even saw the manager eat elsewhere. Just skip the restaurant.
I stayed a third night somewhere else, since the full price would not make this hotel such a bargain. If you do arrive early and they let you check-in early the full price would not hurt as much. If you get a deal take this hotel. Without a deal you may want to shop around.
Great service and nice staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you do not care for a view. There were rooms with balconies. I did not have...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Good location but small, poorly designed room with no place to put anything. No counter, no hooks (NOT designed by anyone who actually travels!). We learned some rooms have frig and sink; we did not. Quieter rooms on the "Water Taxi 25" side. Best recommendation: the seafood bisque in the restaurant was excellent. Hotel and restaurant staff friendly but service very inconsistent.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on Water Taxi 25 side. Also, ask for a room with frig and counter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Bocas Paradise Hotel is not a fancy place, but it fits well with the surroundings! They make fresh margaritas and have an awesome vegetarian burrito at their patio restaurant. Hotel staff is nice and accommodating! The view from the rooms is excellent and the bar/disco next door is a fun hang-out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

One hour after landing in Bocas del Toro turned out that beautiful islands are deprived of electricity. I felt like one of "Six Days Seven Nights" (with Harrison Ford and Ann Heche). Caribbean islands around, no possibility to book return tickets to Panama City or wherever...
In this circumstances, friendly woman from Paradise invited us for "french press coffee". In that way we got clients of hotel.
It's one of most important moments in my life. Atmosphere, sea, deliciuos seafood, travelling between islands for 1 usd... And all that amazing things started from invite to Paradise...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is almost a good hotel. It has many of the right ingredients but the unless you are in Bocas Town on Spring Break or into the late night bar scene then you will want to pass.
It is a shame - the hotel itself is pretty nice. We had what, on arrival, seemed like a great room. Spacious, clean, with a great balcony view over the water. The food in the restaurant was good (although a little pricey for the area). We were happy with everything until about 11 pm or so when we were ready to wind down for the evening. The hotel is right next to an open-air bar aka "the Barco." The combination of no walls, loud sound system, on the water, next to the hotel and going strong till 4 am meant no rest for the weary. Even with earplugs there was no getting to sleep over the constant drone of Reggaeton and Hip Hop.
The management was understanding and allowed us to switch to a room on the other side of the hotel for the next night. Although markedly more peaceful now you are just in any other room in any other hotel and we decided to explore other options for the rest of our stay.
If you are in Bocas Town to party into the night then this is a great location for you. If not - not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the far side from the Barco.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Altos del Maria,Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed two nights and it was very disappointing....not very clean and our patio door didn't lock and the screen fell off if you tried to close it....very noisy due to a bar two doors down...not the hotel's fault but very annoying when you are trying to get a little shut eye.
The food in the restaurant was very good as was the service.Also very convenient to everything.
If you want a good nights sleep I wouldn't recommend it but if you are into the night life may as well be right next door. Also the water taxi is right there and that didn't bother us at all!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bocas Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!