“Cheap($250), professional, amazing! 5 dives” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2007, “La Buga Dive & Surf” instantly built up a reputation as a reliable and renowned Dive Center & Surf School in Bocas del Toro. No matter if you decide to go diving or surfing with us, we will ensure that you will have a fabulous time experiencing the multifaceted natural resources Bocas del Toro has to offer. You can also rent one of our kayaks or Stand-Up Paddle Boards. Our qualified international staff is providing top quality service by constantly reflecting our core values: Safety, Convenience and Fun! Hope to see you soon!Your La Buga Family
“Cheap($250), professional, amazing! 5 dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found this little gem by accident when visiting Bocas. For $250 you can become a certified open water diver, taught by experienced and beautiful divers.

Throughout the course we got to experience 5 dives (1 off dock and 4 off boat). It was great to not only learn and practice techniques, but actually dive on sites. After each lesson we would get to swim the reef and see all the underwater sites. (dolphins, sting rays, sharks, coral and sunken ships)

(The value of some of these dives are $50+) getting to see them and receive a PADI certificate is an incredible deal.

I would LA Buga to anyone!

Visited July 2013
toroloco, Manager at La Buga Dive Center & Surf School, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hola,

thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your experience with us. We are happy tha you had a great time learing to scuba dive and that you love the underwater world as much as we do!

Keep on diving and let us know when you are back in town!

All the best

Your La Buag Family

Texarkana, Texas
“Bioluminescent night dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

A 100% thumbs up for the employees who helped make my bioluminescent night dive an experience to remember! It was a blast!

I have been diving with all dive outfits in Bocas and above all I highly recommend this place for your dive outfitter, however, I found the restaurant and bar overpriced for the area. ( Beer over twice the normal price OUCH!!! )

Visited July 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hola Loren,

thank you for your review! We loved the night dive with you. It was indeed a really great dive and we are glad that you enjoyed it as much as we did!

Let us know when you are back in town, if swell is down we can maybe explore some of the outer reefs with you!

All the best,

your La Buga Family
“Excellent Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

While in Bocas my friend and I had decided to enjoy some diving. We were thrilled with our experience at La Buga. Jill our instructor & and Sabrina were friendly, funny and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Jill is one of the best dive instrucors I have ever dove with and was excellent at giving informative dive briefings, explaining and demonstrating skills. The playgroud was my favorite dive site and I enjoyed lots of colorful choral and a variety of fish. I had only planned on taking my advanced but I was having so much fun that I stayed in Bocas a few extra days to complete my rescue diver certificate. Thanks for an incredible experience!!

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review. It was fun teaching you and you really did a great job, especially during your rescue course! Let us know when you thinking about entering the professional diving level and doing your divemaster course! Keep on diving!

Your La Buga Family
farmington utah
“Great time, good people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went diving two days and enjoyed the dives. Even though we dove close to the islands it was nice to see the coral was pristine.

Visited July 2013
toroloco, Manager at La Buga Dive Center & Surf School, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hola, thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review. Were glad that you enjoyed your dive experience. When you come back next time make sure it is when surf and swell is down and then we would love to take you to the outer reefs; explore the caves maybe :)

All the best from Bocas,

your La Buga Family
The World
3 attraction reviews
“Got my PADI certification!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of getting my PADI Open Water Diver Certification with La Buga earlier this year. The staff and overall experience were beyond anything I could have expected in Bocas del Toro. I HIGHLY recommend getting certified (or at least taking a dive) on your trip to Bocas. Check out my blog for my personal review of La Buga: www.TheBlondeAbroad.com

Visited February 2013
Hola,

thank you very much for your review and also for sharing your experience on your blog! It was fun to teach you how to dive and introduce you to the underwater world. You did a great job! Keep on diving whilst you are travelling! We hope to read some more dive stories soon :) Saludos, your La Buga Family