“Jill was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 22 Activities in Bocas Town
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2007, “La Buga Dive & Surf” instantly built up a reputation as a reliable and renowned Dive Center & Surf School in Bocas del Toro. No matter if you decide to go diving or surfing with us, we will ensure that you will have a fabulous time experiencing the multifaceted natural resources Bocas del Toro has to offer. You can also rent one of our kayaks or Stand-Up Paddle Boards. Our qualified international staff is providing top quality service by constantly reflecting our core values: Safety, Convenience and Fun! Hope to see you soon!Your La Buga Family
Charleston, South Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Jill was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

What a great experience! My boyfriend is a divemaster/military diver and finally convinced me that diving is something I had to try. He was a tad overprotective until we got started with Jill because she was an excellent instructor and made me feel super comfortable with everything. We went on four dives and covered the skills multiple times until I had the hang of it. The dive sites were amazing...I recommend mornings. Everyone in the shop is super friendly and if I find myself back in Bocas...you'll know where to find me!

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Jill was great with our son!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My son (13) got his certification with Jill last week. She was great with him and in our opinion, covered more than what my husband and I learned in our certifications done in the city. Definitely recommend this place!

Visited October 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic staff and dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I did my advanced certification at La Buga in Bocas and I had the best time. Professional and super sweet staff and good dives. We saw nurse sharks on one of the dives, which was amazing! Good and long dives in general - night dive is excellent as well!
I loved hanging out at La Buga when I wasn't diving because of the good atmosphere - it felt a little bit like home:) There are good smoothies in the bar as well! I will definitely try to get back to Bocas and a visit to La Buga is a must.

Visited June 2012
Somers Point, New Jersey
“Super friendly and helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend rented a board from la buga for the 8 days we stayed in bocas. They were super friendly and helpful. They even kept the board during the day some days so we didnt have to carry it around.

Antwerp, Belgium
9 attraction reviews
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

After a first diving experience in Egypt and Indonesia I descided to go for my Open Water certification. I picked La Buga after recomendation from my hotel and they were right. Friendly staff, great instructors. Only minus is the poor quality of the wet suits and some masks as well...

Visited July 2012