Playa Tortuga is the biggest hotel on Isla Colon and the only corporate run hotel in the islands. The building is not bad (some things are a little goofy) The staff seems completely dis-interested and a little "bossy" there's no training so the staff appears to be clueless and angry.
My daughter went down there for breakfast and was bossed around with "you can't sit there" "you can't take coffee from that coffee maker" "you can't take a whole table if you're just one person" rules rules rules. A real disconnect with who pays their salary.
There are literally hundreds of great beautiful small cozy hotels in Bocas del Toro. Find "anywhere else" to stay, but If you want to stay in a "Motel" like atmosphere with unfriendly staff this is the place for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Caribbean Beach Resort on the crystal clear waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama.Playa Tortuga offers 117 stylish room accommodations, each with a balcony and spectacular ocean view. Guests may choose from standard rooms, junior suites and large grand suites, all offering a contemporary décor, modern amenities and a soothing tropical atmosphere.Relax in the hotel’s sea view pool, or sunbathe in our water mirrors while enjoying your favorite beverage from the nearby bar area. Little ones will enjoy the children’s pool. Other modern and convenient amenities include free WIFI and a state of the art Fitness Center featuring a private massage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel And Beach Resort
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Isla Colon
- Playa Tortuga Resort Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla Colon