Playa Tortuga has a nice clean pool and outdoor area that are great for relaxing, and the rooms are well-maintained. Despite this, some of the staff members are extremely rude -- mostly the staff that appeared to have management positions. For example, we had to change rooms from the first floor to the third floor during our stay (which was a change for the better I should say), but no one even offered to help us move our luggage, and there is no elevator on the property. We lugged two large suitcases and two stuffed backpacks up two floors while the staff members passed us by on the stairs. I guess I just assumed that we would have great service and someone to at least help us with our bags, being that we paid a hefty price to stay at a "resort." Also, the food is BAD....do not eat at the hotel unless absolutely necessary. The complimentary breakfast is mediocre, but the food at the restaurant is disgusting and expensive. I would recommend staying at one of the waterfront hotels in Bocas Town instead of Playa Tortuga. I think the staff and hotel owners are more friendly, and you'll be right in town, as opposed to having to take a cab into the central area everyday. Overall, don't stay here if you can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Caribbean Beach Resort on the crystal clear waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama.Playa Tortuga offers 117 stylish room accommodations, each with a balcony and spectacular ocean view. Guests may choose from standard rooms, junior suites and large grand suites, all offering a contemporary décor, modern amenities and a soothing tropical atmosphere.Relax in the hotel’s sea view pool, or sunbathe in our water mirrors while enjoying your favorite beverage from the nearby bar area. Little ones will enjoy the children’s pool. Other modern and convenient amenities include free WIFI and a state of the art Fitness Center featuring a private massage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel And Beach Resort
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Isla Colon
- Playa Tortuga Resort Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla Colon