When I look for a hotel, I look for four carachteristics in order of importance.
1. HYGIENE. The first thing in order of importance is the hygiene, the hotel rooms as well as the social areas are very clean.
2. QUALITY OF SLEEP. The second thing in order of importance is the quality of my sleep. I slept very well at Playa Tortuga's rooms! The bed, pillows and sheets are excellent and so is the temperature of the air conditioner unit. The blackout curtains don't let any light come into the room. Also, the room is very quiet, in fact the only sound you hear is the soothing waves against the white sand beach in front of the room, almost therapeutic.
3. BATHROOM. The third thing is the bathroom, the bathrooms at the Tortuga Hotel are just what you need regarding to their size and amenities, but most important is the pressure and temperature of the water, both are perfect.
4. LOCATION. The location of Playa Tortuga Hotel is great if you want to be close to Bocas Town but not "in" Bocas Town... You can go eat at the restaurants in town and come back by taxi. The hotel offers a shuttle but just four times per day, so it's better if you take a taxi. We contacted a couple of taxi drivers but we liked Mr. David, he speaks English and was there anytime we requested, his Panama cell phone number is +507-6376-3551
Since we are an outdoors family other carachteristics that aren't so important for us are the restaurants, gym and swimming pool. Hotel Playa Tortuga has the best swimming pool area of Bocas Del Toro. It also has a gym that we never used as we were exercising in outdoors activities. We usually eat outside of hotels, however the restaurants at the Tortuga Hotel are what you can expect from a four star hotel, the food is not great but its buffet will keep hunger away. If you want good restaurants you'd have to go into town, however, breakfast at the Tortuga Hotel is complete and will keep you going for a full day of activities.
Don't expect luxury or to be pampered at the Playa Tortuga Hotel, for that you better go to a Spa!
We really like the Playa Tortuga Hotel because when you come from a full day of outdoors activities such as scuba diving, hiking on trails, bicycle touring, fishing, playing at a white sand beach or walking in picturesque Bocas Town you want a good bath and a good rest, this is what Playa Tortuga Hotel offers at a decent price. No hotel compares to it in Bocas Del Toro.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel And Beach Resort
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Isla Colon
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel Beach
- Playa Tortuga Resort Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla Colon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a relaxing 5-star hotel offering excellent service in a casual environment. Our hotel is located in front of the Caribbean beaches of Bocas del Toro. Enjoy our rooms with private balconies and spectacular seaside view. Room services and amenities include air-conditioning, cable TV, complimentary WIFI use, in room minibar. Hotel services and amenities include complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary WIFI use, two restaurants, swimming pool for children and adults, newsstand, beach access, gym and two meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.