From the moment you arrive at the airport and are greeted by Hotel Personnel, you get the feeling you are going to have a good time. The 10 minute drive through the quint town of Bocas del Toro to the Hotel is unique, and the driver points out some of the interesting sites.
Upon arrival at the Hotel you are warmly greeted by Hotel Staff, and if you are serious with them, they are serious with you, if you kid with them, they will kid with you.
Great room, great view, comfortable bed, quiet and "cold" ac, nice bathroom, nice balcony. Breakfast was included with room, and was descent (better than Hampton, or Holiday Inn Express breakfasts).
Bar on the water is great, and staff is warm and amicable. Drinks are fairly priced. There are two food services (one at the bar on the water, and one at the same place they serve breakfast). The menu at the bar is very reasonable, food comes up fast and is tasty, but the one at the Restaurant is expensive, and takes forever to be served. I ordered a "fresh" pizza and it took 60 minutes. It was a fantastic tasting pizza with all fresh ingredients, but very long wait.
The Hotel provides free bus service into town, and even if a trip is not scheduled, if enough hotel guests want to head for town, the front desk does their best to have someone take you. Otherwise, it only costs $2.00 for a Cab.
Town has descent food and restaurants, with fresh fish and seafood at very reasonable prices. They love tourists, and there is 99.99% certainty that no one will ever bother you or cause any potential harm. In otherwords, it is a very safe place to go with the family or your significant other. They "love" tourists. Many of the folks that own Restaurants or shops, started out as tourists, and decided to stay.
Boca del Toro has some wonderful Snorkeling and Skin Diving, and fantastic boat tours, and guides that love what the do. I recommend "Water Sports" tours for all your snorkeling, skin diving, and boat tour needs. Fair prices, great guides, and it is owned by an "X" tourist that decided to stay. Support him and his business! They will not disappoint.
Hotel has well maintained main pool, and kiddie pool, ping pong, air hockey, cable in all rooms, free internet, and free kayaks, if you like to kayak.
They also have a very nice gym with modern equipment and TV to watch while you work out.
They accept mc/visa/amex, do not accept Discover. Leave yourself a few minutes to check out, they want to go over the bill with you and do everything in duplicate so you never need to worry about being charged extra for something you did not have, or order.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Caribbean Beach Resort on the crystal clear waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama.Playa Tortuga offers 117 stylish room accommodations, each with a balcony and spectacular ocean view. Guests may choose from standard rooms, junior suites and large grand suites, all offering a contemporary décor, modern amenities and a soothing tropical atmosphere.Relax in the hotel’s sea view pool, or sunbathe in our water mirrors while enjoying your favorite beverage from the nearby bar area. Little ones will enjoy the children’s pool. Other modern and convenient amenities include free WIFI and a state of the art Fitness Center featuring a private massage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel And Beach Resort
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Isla Colon
- Playa Tortuga Resort Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla Colon