Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and the front desk staff was great. They have a free shuttle to take you back and forth to town which we used a lot. We enjoyed the room. It was clean and the housekeeping was great. They have a wonderful pool and great view.
We didn't include the breakfast on two of the nights so brought back pastries from the bakery in town which were great with the coffee the hotel serves. The one night our stay included breakfast it sure wasn't hot and the selection was on par with most other places we stayed. The food was good but just not hot at all.
The only problem we encountered was trying to go on tours from the hotel. The man that does the tours was away our first day so the girl at the front desk arranged it for us. We have to give her a lot of credit as she made a lot of phone calls but did get us to Starfish Beach. The next day we wanted to go to Red Frog Beach and got up early so we could arrange it for that day as he started at 8. The guy said he would get it arranged and call our room as the tours leave about 9:45 and as soon as he could arrange it he would call our room. We waited until 9:30 and after no call went into town and went to Red Frog Beach on our own. We saw a tour leaving the hotel and while we were at Red Frog Beach we saw them arrive but when we got back to our room that afternoon there had still be no call. I don't even know why he is there as we talked to other people that had problems trying to do tours from the hotel. We watched him for awhile after we had asked him to arrange for us and he never once picked up the phone and spent the next 15 minutes playing on the internet. If you want to do anything from the hotel your best bet is to go into town and arrange your tours with the companies directly.
The rest of the staff was wonderful from the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The shuttle back and forth has the best driver who is quite helpful.
All in all we were happy with the hotel but found it a little over priced for location and condition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Caribbean Beach Resort on the crystal clear waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama.Playa Tortuga offers 117 stylish room accommodations, each with a balcony and spectacular ocean view. Guests may choose from standard rooms, junior suites and large grand suites, all offering a contemporary décor, modern amenities and a soothing tropical atmosphere.Relax in the hotel’s sea view pool, or sunbathe in our water mirrors while enjoying your favorite beverage from the nearby bar area. Little ones will enjoy the children’s pool. Other modern and convenient amenities include free WIFI and a state of the art Fitness Center featuring a private massage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel And Beach Resort
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Isla Colon
- Playa Tortuga Resort Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla Colon