Let me be clear, if you are expecting a luxurious resort, this is NOT it. The hotel is very run down, I would say it is a Motel 6 equivalent...from 2000. The rooms and bathrooms show A LOT of wear and tear and are in dire need of renovation. The food served at the restaurant is not great, but edible and the service in the restaurant is poor. Despite this, I still am willing to give this hotel a good review for these reasons.
Location: I liked that it was removed from the hustle and bustle, yet its just a few minutes from town. You could walk, but I would NOT recommend it. The cabbies drive like mad men there!
Free Shuttle: The hotel offers scheduled shuttle drop offs and pick ups to downtown. The shuttle driver even took us a couple times off schedule which was greatly appreciated.
Tour Desk: They have a tour desk where you can arrange all your tours. We arranged a tour the day of and had a water taxi headed to pick up within 5 minutes. It's very handy.
Staff: There are a lot of staff at Playa Tortuga and they all do a really good job of keeping the facility clean and orderly. The front desk staff were also very nice and helpful. The only service that was lacking was the service at the bar/restaurant on the pier.
Pool: The pool is not huge but its nice and clean and while we didn't spend a lot of time there, it did seem like a good place to relax.
While Playa Tortuga didn't knock my socks off, I think it was the best possible option for Bocas Del Toro and I would stay again if I returned to Bocas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Caribbean Beach Resort on the crystal clear waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama.Playa Tortuga offers 117 stylish room accommodations, each with a balcony and spectacular ocean view. Guests may choose from standard rooms, junior suites and large grand suites, all offering a contemporary décor, modern amenities and a soothing tropical atmosphere.Relax in the hotel’s sea view pool, or sunbathe in our water mirrors while enjoying your favorite beverage from the nearby bar area. Little ones will enjoy the children’s pool. Other modern and convenient amenities include free WIFI and a state of the art Fitness Center featuring a private massage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Isla Colon
- Playa Tortuga Hotel And Beach Resort
- Playa Tortuga Resort Beach
- Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla Colon