“The Reef” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 71 Restaurants in Isla Colon
Boulder, Colorado
“The Reef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We dock our dinghy @ the Reef, so feel compelled to give them our patronage. Excellent seafood soup, a large bowl that is a terrific value & could be an entire meal. The Reef Salad has a unique sauce that enhances the seafood flavor over salad greens as an appetizer was also yummy!

Visited August 2012

Los Angeles
“Consistent Quality with Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was the only restaurant where my husband and I ate more than once. The seafood soup was rich and tasty, as was the seafood rice. The drinks were very good as well. We enjoyed sitting near the water and watching the boats drive past. I think this restaurant is reliably good also because we saw some solo gringos coming to eat and then leaving, as if they were regulars. Just a hunch.

Visited March 2012
United States
“OK food, a little hard to spot as a restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Our hotel recommended this place for authentic local food. We knew where to find it, but we would normally missed this restaurant. It's at the water, but you can't see it from the street. It's around a corner. Menu was a bit limited, which I think is usually a good thing. We had the red snapper and the steak. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either. Atmosphere was a bit gloomy.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, DE.
“Carribean style fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Was that what it was called? Anyway had an unbelievable sauce(little curry right?). Spent part of an afternoon there drinking rum with the owner. His sister, a lovely women, kept us with the rum and fish. I have a nagging suspicion I left there owing them more money than I had. Sorry guys if this is true because, given the hospitality I received, this would be really bad form. I watched as a young child busied herself by plucking fish right out of the bay under the dining area! My fish was caught, carried to the kitchen and then later served to me. Ah. Thanks guys.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“If you don't mind slow service then it's ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I agree with all the slow service comments. The location on the water is really cool and the setting is nice. My girlfriend said it was very romantic but being the guy I am didn't notice. The food was pretty good and prices reasonable but the service was very slow. What makes it worse was that there were only 10 people sitting around 3 tables so it should never take that long. We waited for our drinks our food and even our check. When I was reading the menu I kind of discovered why the service may be so bad. They automatically add a 10% gratuity but it doesn't say that in English only Spanish. So if you don't mind waiting or maybe bring your own drinks then try it.

• Visited July 2011