We went for the cheaper option at the hotel (no view) as we were only staying one night.
The room was beautifully done with a very comfortable bed (although beware there's no privacy door for the toilet).
Brilliant spot to watch the sunset from the 10th floor balcony and the staff were more than happy to keep bringing beers up as we relaxed.
It's an early start if you want to get the bus to Alishan the next morning but the staff are happy to pack a boxed breakfast for you.
Restaurant is ok, but there's some great street food below (especially an aboriginal guy who does prawn in lettuce leaf and stuffed boneless chicken wings).
Tip: Book you bus ticket the day before you go to avoid stress and possibly miss the 8am bus as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Resort is a truly relaxing place enhanced by the clever use of crystal, glass and mirrors creating a bright, spacious feel that reflects the glistening waters of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake Hotel Nantou
- The Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake Taiwan/Nantou