The lakeside location of this hotel was lovely and the chalet style building was lovely. However, the rooms were not very soundproof and it's very easy to hear other people speaking in the room next door which is OK providing they don't decide to stay up chatting until 2.00 am if you've decided to have an early night!!
Our room had a balcony over the lake and it was quite lovely but the carpet did not look very clean and had huge stains over it but we hoped it had been hoovered and was 'clean dirt'!!
It's very easy to walk to the nearby village from the hotel so it's in a good location to eat elsewhere if you want. The breakfast was OK .. nothing special. A couple of times we had a sandwich and cake in the afternoon and it was quite pleasant .. the dining room overlooks the lake and is very pleasant.
All the staff were very helpful but very little English is spoken. We travelled in Taiwan for two weeks and this was where least English was spoken so it was a little difficult sometimes to explain ourselves.
We went on the trip around the lake and it was OK but I was a bit disappointed in the whole area because we'd heard so much about it beforehand. I much preferred Taroka Gorge because there was so much more to do and explore.
However, the hotel was in a lovely location and although I wouldn't particularly want to return, the staff were friendly and helpful within the constraints of the language difficulty.
- Also Known As:
- The Richforest Hotel Nantou
- The Richforest Hotel
- Richforest Hotel Nantou
- Lealea Garden Hotels-Sun Moon Lake Taiwan/Nantou
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Richforest Resprts- Sun Moon Lake is first mega wooden cottage of Asia, the entire building is built with Chinese cypress timber. Housing 45 guest rooms and recreation facilities such as an indoor swimming pool, and also incorporates exclusive lake-side docks on Sun Moon Lake, that not only provides the ship berthing service for visitors, but also a great place for leisure and recreation. The Richforest Resprts- Sun Moon Lake once received a “Superstar Hotel” rating by the American Star Service. It is also the hotel that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs uses when important foreign guests come to stay; for instance, the Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, the President of Nauru, the King of Tonga, the Prime Minister of Singapore, the Queen of Swaziland, the Chancellor of Germany, Chen Shui-Bian and Ma Ying-Jeou the President of Taiwan and so on. Located on the Sun Moon Lake shore, The Richforest Resprts- Sun Moon Lake embraces a unique and beautiful natural landscape, with relaxing lake views, no mater what time of year, whether its the enchanting spring, radiant summer, graceful autumn, or the spacious winter, the lakes beauty presents its diverse expressions the whole year around. For all travelers, The Richforest Resprts- Sun Moon Lake is not only a resort, but also a dream vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Lealea Garden Hotels-Sun Moon Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.