“Bandula is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Attractions in Tangalle
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The surfing experience is going to be something exciting and mind blowing despite the age and performance level of the surfers. We organize private surfing lessons with a VIP service. Surf guiding for intermediate and professional surfers and kids surf lessons for any age levels with all equipment will be available for ultimate satisfaction of all our guests. Guests will be accompanied to the suitable surfing locations depending on their performance levels. The beaches we take for the surfing adventure are certifiably safe and absolutely undisturbed.
Manhattan Beach, California
“Bandula is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We just returned from a journey to Sri Lanka during which we spent a week in Tangalle. We were very lucky to cross paths with Bandula! Having traveled and surfed all around the world, our group unanimously agreed that Bandula was the best surf guide we have encountered. He is serious about surfing, a fantastic instructor, kind and knowledgable. He clearly is THE go to guy for surfing in Sri Lanka. Our group was made up of intermediates and beginners, each of whom surfed their best ever and improved tremendously during 5 glorious days. Bandula's team was polite, attentive and funny, making the pre and post surfing experience an absolute pleasure. Thank you, Bandula. We will be back to surf with you again, for sure!!!

• Czech first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
15 attraction reviews
“Great Surfing Lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My Children (two children: Hasara, 15 and Disara, 12) had a wonderful time with the teacher Mr. Bandula and supporting instructors. We did in beautiful Tangalle, Sri Lanka in April 2014. Tangalla beach has many places where we could surf. That is great.

This was the first time my children went for surfing lessons and they learnt everything from the basics to mastering the sport within 4 days. Of course my kids are not masters yet, but Mr Bandula taught them well so that kids got everything what they wanted. I witnessed everything for 4 days and kids had lot of fun. Now the kids are beginner surfers and they are planning to go for more lessons in the near future. Mr Bandula is a wonderful teacher and we are really happy wen met him. Mr. Bandula has good social skills, kids friendly and he is always on look out for safety: I consider these are important for an instructor. I highly recommend Mr. Bandula for anyone looking for a good surfing teacher.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best Day in Sri Lanka!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We spent the day in Tangalle just to try surfing with Bandulla - and we are so happy that we did! It was the most fun we had on our week long trip to Sri Lanka. My husband and 2 kids (ages 7 and 8) had never surfed before, but all of them had so much fun. My girls turned out to be naturals and Bandula and his 2 helpers had them up on their boards surfing within the first few attempts. By the end of the afternoon, they were even doing tricks like jumping/turning around on their boards! They didn't want the day to end.

Bandula's service went above and beyond. He picked us up from our hotel and took us to a very secluded beach with waves that were perfect for beginners. He and his team were so great with the kids. They provided towels, drinks, easy instruction and a lot of laughs. Bandula even arranged an excellent driver for us to take us on the next stage of our journey through Sri Lanka. I was absolutely amazed at the overall experience and am already looking forward to going back - next time we will stay for more than 1 day in Tangalle!

Thank you, Bandula!

Visited March 2014
Vienna, Wien, Austria
“Great Teacher, Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I spend 2 weeks on the South Coast of Sri Lanka as I wanted to learn how to surf. Bandula did an amazing job teaching me the fundamentals of surfing. With his easy step by step process I was able to stand up and surf small waves from day one. It was a lot of fun and his great ***** star Service (picking me up in the morning, providing towels, cold water,...) made the experience even more pleasant. Bandula is a true professional and also a life guard, which made me feel so safe. One time I cut my foot on a rock, and he took care of the small wound, cleaned it, disinfected it, etc... I can not recommend him highly enough! Thank you for everything!

Hamburg, Germany
“Excellent first Surfing Training Session!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Today we took a Surf training session with bandula and his Partner. I have to say it was amazing, they took us to really nice Secret Beach with flat water and perfekt waves for Beginners. They had a fantastic Feeling for us and our skills.

I just can recommend to train with them when you want to learn Surfing and you are in the near of tangalle.

Paddling, chicken Wings, lizard leg and Robin Hood. ;-) ... try it ... Than you understand what that means.

Thanx for the two Hours