We had planned a three day stay but were so enthralled by the place, the environs, the staff and the constant pampering that we ended up staying for five days!!!.
We stayed at Hinchi Mama House (Room No.10). All the rooms have fantastic unhindered views of the lagoon and all twelve rooms have an almost identical setup with a large bedroom suite, an amazing bathroom with open roofed shower area and bathtub and a beautiful sit-out.
The Suites are at a lower level and offer better privacy whereas the other rooms are at a higher level and offer more open views. We personally loved the upper level rooms.
The things we loved about the place :
- The room are immaculately kept and are very airy with large french windows which give an amazing sense of openness.
- The innumerable sit outs which offer guests the seclusion, quietude and privacy seldom seen. (Our favorite was the one by the pool and the hammocks besides the dining hall).
- The dining was exquisite. The chef and the entire kitchen staff did a fantastic job and dished out works of art for every meal.
- The ambience is truly magical. There is an amazing sense of peace and quiet.
- There are in house canoes and bicycles.
- The Turtle nesting Beach is just a few meters away (Rekawa Beach).
- The beach, although not safe for swimming, is quite a pleasant stretch and you will more often than not have the entire place to yourself.
TIP - For swimming the hotel staff recommend a small rock pool situated on the left far end of the beach facing the sea.
- Most impressive for us was the impeccable service of the entire staff. Special mention for Kalpa and Jaleel, the managers who did such a fantastic job. We were spoilt rotten by their incessant pampering!!. The best part of the service was that the staff was very un-intrusive, giving you completely privacy, walking away when they saw guests appearing unless called for, staying away from the lawns in front of the rooms.
We could go on with praise but highly recommend you try this place for yourself!!.
Nick, we would like to thank you for creating such a fantastic place and for giving us such fond memories!!.
TIP - Plan to stay for an extended period!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Boutique Class Hotel. Contemporary luxury architect style - spacious bedrooms & suites. Exclusive, relaxed, imaginative, hidden away, un-pretentious, interactive. Buckingham Place is refreshingly different and generally suits; quiet discerning FIT’s in search of sanctuary, birdlife, turtles & wildlife and a natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Buckingham Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckingham Place Hotel Tangalle