“picture perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tangalle
Guildford
“picture perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

The view just keeps on getting better right up to sunset and beyond of the white sand, palm fringed beach along the coastline.

Large airy bedrooms with hand carved wooden headboards all with stylish en-suites.
Eating under the stars only adds to the deliciousness of the fresh fish.
Nothing is too much trouble for the charming staff.

If you are looking to get away to a secluded boutique hotel, I would recommend this little gem of a hotel. This was our 2nd stay at the hotel -- So it must be good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

The hotel is very nice and the staff is really friendly. The rooms are very big and clean.
We would recommand this hotel for round trips but only for one night (we stayed 2 nights) because it is very very quiet and lonesome so it`s good for relaxing during a round trip! But it`s a little bit too expensive for this location!

Things to do: Udewala NP: 1,5 h to drive
Mirassi (whale watching): 1,5 h drive
Yala NP: 1 h drive

you can book 2 trips in this hotel: a night turtle watching (12 km or 0,5 h with the Tuk Tuk) and a bird watching tour by boat (a lagoon ist 5 walk minutes a way) , it`s cheap and very very nice!

THANK`S a lot to the STAFF, we enjoyed our stay !!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My family and I went to turtle bay this march. Everything was perfect! The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, the beach is beautiful, the rooms are perfectly clean and confortable. The swimming-pool is great.
We had delicious meals too.
The staff is very nice ,helpful and smily. The best part of my journey!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Kiev
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Perfect hotel for quiet and comfortable relaxation away from modern informational world. Hotel has only 7 rooms which are spacious and it is situated on the beach at quiet place of south coast of Sri-Lanka.
We were surrounded with warm-heartedness and constant personal attention created by the personnel of the hotel since first till last minutes of our stay there.
Everything there is to ensure guests' comfort and relaxation.
We arrived at the hotel by mini-bus at 01.30 am, but all duty personnel were waiting for us! Chef was ready to prepare our supper as per our order which we made few hours before arrival at the hotel by phone call.
There is no any fixed hours for breakfast, lunch, dinner at the hotel restaurant. You can have your meal at any time round a clock!
Chef prepares excellent meal of any kind. Personnel ask you for your personal menu for every next day in order to make necessary arrangements to prepare meal as per your wishes.
Fresh fish and seafood are bought at local fishers every morning. Fresh fruits and vegetables are grown up at ecological farm.
Periodically the hotel personnel arrange dinners in romantic atmosphere with torches and live music.
There is small turtle farm at the beach near the hotel where wild turtles lay eggs. We had unforgettable opportunity to release new-born turtles into the ocean!
Hotel has two swimming pools one of which is specially designed for kids.
Personnel can arrange any kind of excursion, if you like.
On our opinion the hotel responds at hundred percents and even more to the declared level.
We plan to spend our next year vacation at that wonderful hotel again, but already together with our kids.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I have sadly just returned from the Turtle Bay I really don't know where to start as this place is truly AMAZING....

Staff - out of this world I have never had service like this anywhere else in the world. Friendly, efficient but above else personalised and genuine. The staff here really WANT to look after you...and make sure you have the best holiday ever.

Food - Out of this world. Go half board its worth it you will never eat seafood as fresh as this anywhere else. Breakfast - fresh tropical fruits and eggs and toast and freshly squeezed fruit juices of your choice I recommend the papaya. Dinner tell the chef what you would like...lobster, giant prawn, mussels fresh off the rocks! its truly fantastic.

Resort / location - I was very lucky as I had this beautiful place all to myself :) Right the rooms are lovely, the pool area has views to die for. The beds are the most comfortable ever. This place is very clean and has great bathrooms. The location of the resort is worldclass. I am proud to say this is the 40th country I have travelled in both backpacking, boutique and world class hotels and I can only say that this beach is up there in the top 3 i have seen in the world...alongside fiji and borneo. Its unspoilt there are no big hotels, no shops no bars just virgin beach. If you want the ultimate getaway then come to turtle beach. Do not come here however if you don't like seclusion as you will hate it. This really is the ultimate chill out away from everything and your rewarded with amazing amazing views, beach, wildlife....

Activities - the hotel has a turtle hatchery located next door we were lucky to release baby turtles into the indian ocean and also to bury some newly laid eggs. There is also a turtle beach nearby which the hotel and wildlife rangers will take you to, to see the turtles laying their eggs.

Make sure you go to the elephant reserve Uda Walla its out of this world amazing we saw heards of wild elephants well worth it.

Whales - I was lucky to see the blue whales on an organised cruise it is well worth it but hot so take your sun lotion! please remember also that sightings are not guarenteed and i went on a good day.

Birds - Turtle bay is in a bird reserve its amazing to go for a paddle on the bird lakes.

Ayuverdic treatments - ask for the lady she does THE BEST massages at the hotel I have ever had. I came here to recover from a bad back and she really did a good massage.

Above all you just can't go wrong at Turtle Bay I just got back and am planning a repeat visit in November to share this beautiful place with my Mum....its truly amazing....before its spoilt (i really hope this place does not fall to the developers) go there NOW :-)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Our vacation in Turtle bay was amazing. Thanks to this amazing botique hotel.
what a beautiful location!!!!!! we loved hotel room for its faboulous settings, fantastic view. The room is very clean, practicle, comfortable and beautifully decorated and everything is kept spotless.
Excellent food and courtesy, the staff made suggestions about activities and places of interest that were helpful.
All in all, We had a most memorable experience.
I would recommend this luxurious eco- friendly botique hotel for anyone.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

When we arrived at the airport in Sri Lanka I was really excited and pleased that the weather was good! I found out that we were travelling to an airport near Turtle Bay in a small aeroplane. it was really exciting and I couldn't wait. In the sky the views were amazing and you could see lots of different things. (Including people who waved,I don't think they saw me wave back!)
When we arrived at the hotel we were greated by friendly,kind and happy people.They gave us flower garlands and fresh watermelon juice which tasted delicious. That evening we had a lovely meal and I enjoyed sleeping in a comfy bed! My favourite part of the whole holiday was when we released baby turtles into the sea.They were so sweet and small and it was a nice way to wrap up the whole holiday.
I would recomend this hotel to anybody from my great experience!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Turtle Bay? Share your experiences!